Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2008, 07:28 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,956,768 times

Advertisements

Sorry I havent responded to all the new posts on here, I have been feeling not too well lately..Thanks everyone for all your positive posts to me. I am still not feeling well enough to respond to everyone, as I would like to. I did just want to atleast say thanks, and I enjoyed reading what you all said.

Valerie, if there are other towns you think might have more to offer, please feel free to tell me. The reason I picked Keene was because a few people actually told me that it might be a good place to live. So I started researching it and a couple other towns close by. Keene seemed like a great fit. A lot of So Cali people say if they were to move back east, it would be to NH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 06:30 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,719 times
Suzet, hope you're feeling 100% again soon!

Old 01-27-2008, 07:47 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,945,596 times
2nd on that for you, Suzet--and hope that you and your family are all safe during this crazy SoCal weather this week!

Old 01-27-2008, 09:37 PM

Thanks Lisa and Val. Actually my panic attacks have come back and are giving me a run for my money. I was doing really well, and then bam, they came back....

I cant believe the weather we are getting out here!! It is raining and raining. Of course I am lovin it. It is funny, if it rains out here for more than maybe 2 or 3 days everyone starts complaining!! It is all they talk about....when is this stupid rain going to stop. I always tell everyone just enjoy it. Although, people out here do drive crazy in the rain. We have had a lot of accidents. I hear the ambulances all the time...rain=speed up here. I never got that. I hope everyone is doing well in the beautiful state of NH

Old 01-28-2008, 06:27 AM

885 posts, read 2,660,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Thanks Lisa and Val. Actually my panic attacks have come back and are giving me a run for my money. I was doing really well, and then bam, they came back....

I cant believe the weather we are getting out here!! It is raining and raining. Of course I am lovin it. It is funny, if it rains out here for more than maybe 2 or 3 days everyone starts complaining!! It is all they talk about....when is this stupid rain going to stop. I always tell everyone just enjoy it. Although, people out here do drive crazy in the rain. We have had a lot of accidents. I hear the ambulances all the time...rain=speed up here. I never got that. I hope everyone is doing well in the beautiful state of NH
Confucius says: When rain come from sky in Sunny City, the People forget Which Pedal Makes Go.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:28 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,719 times
lol!! too funny.
That's sad but true, and I never understood it either.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:52 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,137,371 times
it rains in CA?

chuckle

Old 01-28-2008, 02:16 PM

Haha too funny Rob.

Yes amazingly enough it does rain here. I have to say, the sky looks soo beautiful right now, it is half cloudy and half blue, just beautiful. I love days like this. I am not sure if we are done with the rain yet, I hope not. We really need it.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:18 PM

264 posts, read 616,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I moved to Vista CA almost 6 years ago from central NH. (My son went to college in Keene). At first I liked Ca and enjoyed all that southern california has to offer. (Yesterday I wnt over to the beach in Carlsbad and it was beautiful); after the first couple of years I began to miss New England and for the past year I long for it and have put our home on the market. As soon as we can sell (soon may not be the right word) we are moving to Maine.

I don't know if my remarks prove you will want to move back to what you know.....or what I thnk I meant when I started this....that is that it is not crazy to want to live in Keene NH. It is a beautiful town in a lovely area--you are pretty much on the corner of Western Mass (mohawk trail) and Vermont and NH--that is beautiful country. The college adds some culture oppurtunities and all 4 seasons are breath taking. I hope you follow your heart and find your hearts desire.
Hi Elston,

I work in San Marcos right next door. California native, well since 1971, looking to move to NH.

My sister sold her house in the barrio of Vista in 2005 for an insane amount of money (700s) and moved to Delaware. They were able to purchase three acres and build a nice custom home for under 300.

They love the East Coast and have no desire to move back. I'm Jealous.

Good luck with your potential move.

Captjob

Old 01-31-2008, 09:42 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,151 times
Thumbs up Hope you still want to come to NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Haha too funny Rob.

Yes amazingly enough it does rain here. I have to say, the sky looks soo beautiful right now, it is half cloudy and half blue, just beautiful. I love days like this. I am not sure if we are done with the rain yet, I hope not. We really need it.
We have wonderful thunder showers during the summer. I think much more spectacular than California rain! Hope you and your family will still consider Keane!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire