Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:56 PM

1,999 posts, read 10,570,003 times

Advertisements

OK, if this doesn't make me sound like a "nice" person , please bear with me:
I'm a 63 year old woman that is looking to reinvent herself somewhere else. I do not mind the cold as I grew up in northern Illinois.
Am college educated, well read and had my own business. I can work or not work if I want, although I prefer strongly to establish a new business when I move. What kind of business, I am not sure. Depends on what is needed, since I have over 30 years in sales, I am sure to figure some business out that is needed.
I want to find a RICH $$$$, well educated and FUN man to be a companion and, maybe at some point, marry; however, I do want to go out, have fun and kick it up while I still can.
I do not want to be a nurse or a purse for any guy.
Would love to live in the very southern part of NH, so I can scoot to other places like Boston. A train line or rail would be great to have nearby. Of course, I drive.
Am very outgoing, and it bothers me somewhat that I understand many NE people are taciturn and somewhat standoffish. Will I turn them off? Honestly, I am still working on meeting a stranger; so, this could be a problem. Is it?
Lived in Chicago, have Midwestern ways and mannerisms. This turned off many in Texas (they hate any Yankee usually, anyway), so this whole personality thing is bothering me about NH.
What do you guys think? Where should I move to so I can be near public transportation to Boston and my traveling to all the other NE States and even Canada?
Would my Chicago ways (direct, straight and to the point while laughing alot) turn off the taciturn NE men? I surely do not want to get into the same position there that I had in Texas where the men really do not like Yankee women much (too direct, straight and to the point for them, I guess).
Suggest some cities that you feel would be good for me, please. I am open to listening.
AND I absolutely want to stay at the NH border. I have done the number on the tax situation, and it is much more advantageous for me to stay in NH than move to Mass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 06:05 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,077,860 times
Considering NH (especially Southern) is full of people from all over, I don't buy the 'gruff thing.' I suggest you be who you are and take people as individuals. It's my opinion if folks don't like your personality or outgoing ways (as long as you are nice not pushy) then why do you want to be friendly with them in the first place?

As far as meeting a man, get involved in some hobbies or activities (someone suggested in another forum) you join a group or hobby where mostly men 'enjoy'. Perhaps something with cars or technology or golf?

Old 10-25-2007, 05:01 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,952,219 times
Hi Tootsie!
You know, it's funny, reading your post, I thought immediately of my good friend Pat who lives in St. Louis (she's determined to be a New Hampshire girl someday!) I even afflicted your words with her accent

My DH had a tough time getting used to the mid-west friendliness (not that syrupy-fake sweetness that makes me cringe when I'm down south, but more of a direct, warm openness). I think that most people will respond positively to someone who's being honestly themselves and not trying to be someone else

If I'm getting an accurate read on you, I think you're best suited to a robust area with lots of activity. You may want to consider the Portsmouth, Dover or Hampton areas near the seacoast. Exeter/Stratham also might suit you well, and there is public transportation to Boston as well. Moving a little west, Bedford or parts of Manchester/Nashua might be good. When people move to NH from other states, they mainly settle in the southern part of the state, SO the famous New England "reservedness" is quite diluted...

As Gypsy said, a hobby or activity that men are attracted to such as golf, etc. You won't find many men at garden club meetings!

Old 10-25-2007, 05:25 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I'd suggest the seacoast because it is a close to a wealthy ghetto as we have with the exception of the annuity hippies in the woods around Peterborough. As far as finding a man that meets you criteria, good luck. Most of the guys that achieved the wealthy part have already punched out because of stress related illness. They are getting pretty thin on the ground.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:01 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,952,219 times
GregW, you are too funny

Old 10-25-2007, 09:14 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Val - Thanks. I thought the "Looking for RICH guy" was kind of amusing.

I would be like me advertizing for a 35-50 yr old female with lots of money, stunning body, no inhibitions and a Corvette for an affair. Send picture of "Vette".

Like that would work.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:25 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,077,860 times
I was actually going to add all the rich men are looking for 23 year olds...no offense to the OP but that's the truth...lol..unless maybe you want an 83 year old?

Old 10-25-2007, 11:52 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,570,003 times
Well, I'm not poor myself...don't want to live in a poor area...refuse to date another guy who is younger than I am (been there, done that and bored with it)...just looking for someone who is well educated and can take care of himself (and take me out to a nice dinner).
Believe it or not, this really does narrow my already very narrow field of single, older men, which means I do not want to live in a city loaded with married people either.
Yeah...it gets harder each passing year....haha! Thank God! I only need ONE!!!

Old 10-25-2007, 06:54 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,958,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Val - Thanks. I thought the "Looking for RICH guy" was kind of amusing.

I would be like me advertizing for a 35-50 yr old female with lots of money, stunning body, no inhibitions and a Corvette for an affair. Send picture of "Vette".

Like that would work.

Ok that is too creepy, you just described me to a T...hahaha. Sorry couldnt help myself. And yes I am joking, well atleast about having a vette

Old 10-28-2007, 11:14 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,141,192 times
"AND I absolutely want to stay at the NH border. I have done the number on the tax situation, and it is much more advantageous for me to stay in NH than move to Mass."

it's less expensive if you don't own property. NH has one of the highest property taxes in the nation to make up for the fact tht we don't have an income tax nor a sales tax.

It is not unusual to pay $10K in property taxes on a home with only one acre of land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire