Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 08:51 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

kuffaar, I am serious about thinking all plastics should be banned. After all they are trash modern man can't deal with and these are NOT a renewable resource and is based on oil.

I don't know why fuels cost so much and still plastic is so cheap. That does not add up.

Then the toxic mix plastics are made of, break down to and etc are just over the top.

Plastics litter ever beach around the world there is.

All sorts of wold life mistake plastics are food.......

Nope Tree Huggers love plastic. These peoples love it because they believe plastics are clean, like electricity, neither of which are 'Clean'.

But mention a lead fishing sinker and it is a OMGawd! We're all gonna die situation!

I'ld like to see ALL plastics banned, and those that are not, be strictly medical, and taxed at 6,000,000 % at that.

Man kind is getting to be too far removed from whence he came, and that isn't going to work out very well in the long run.

We trashed this planet at every level there is and are working on near space.

What is supposedly 'Green' is far from it.

The melting ice just is... Or those rotten SOB's living in Doggerland just didn't care

Google Doggerland
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 12:02 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,139,717 times
"I've been an outdoorsman my whole life. I'm glad to see much more wildlife in NH woods than when I was a child. It's amazing to see the number of turkeys around; never seen them as a child!"

that's because there weren't any.....

NH imported a flock of 25 birds from the Allegheny Mountains in 1975.

That original flock grew into approximately 40K birds across the state.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
"I've been an outdoorsman my whole life. I'm glad to see much more wildlife in NH woods than when I was a child. It's amazing to see the number of turkeys around; never seen them as a child!"

that's because there weren't any.....

NH imported a flock of 25 birds from the Allegheny Mountains in 1975.

That original flock grew into approximately 40K birds across the state.
Yup and I shot 45 so far for dinner just this year.......
Use a .22 it's quiet.....

I still go whaling with antique harpoons too.......

kuffaar look out for this one, a self appointed F&Gamey......

Old 03-19-2013, 04:14 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
There are issues with lead. However, some of the supposedly "non-toxic" alternatives are not exactly non-toxic. Bismuth and tungsten are toxic in their own ways, more and more research is showing this. The various plastics used in non-toxic shot have their own problems, being non-renewable, not decomposing, and plastics are toxic too.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
There are issues with lead. However, some of the supposedly "non-toxic" alternatives are not exactly non-toxic. Bismuth and tungsten are toxic in their own ways, more and more research is showing this. The various plastics used in non-toxic shot have their own problems, being non-renewable, not decomposing, and plastics are toxic too.
Yup there are issues with lead pipes in public places that are owned privately like Shop N' Save for one.

I a, all for wildlife, but with in reason.... If we must clean up all lead shot then lets us clean up all lead every where to include all pipes and everything else made of lead. Good luck with that.

Lead is a element and it exists in nature.

I suspect agenda here on lead sporting uses is the only lead that matters.

You ever notice the cars with the most Save the Earth stickers are the cars in the worst shape spewing blue oil smoke and are full of filthy and litter? These are the people who are behind running everyone elses life and yet they can't run their own.

If you ask one of these blue smokers why they don't get the engine fixed, they will proudly claim the engine has never had a oil change because that is a part of saving the earth! I have been told that more than once during my years as a foreign car tech.....

These sleds drip oil by the quart, leaking from every gasket and seal, as well as burn it. These are the same people that drive a subaru with dark tinted glass and the Obama poster is on the inside

Being a car tech is like being FBI and going thru the trash. You can tell who is who even if they try to pretend they are something else.

Like once i asked a owner, 'What kind of a cop are you?' He was stunned. wearing a ragged sweat shirt and a handle bar moustache, and began to stutter that i was wrong... he was a over weight NH Finest lard ass.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:45 PM

818 posts, read 1,017,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
From another forum.

NH residents use this site to send the email. You put in your zip code and fill out your info and it automatically sends the letter to the reps.

New Hampshire Anglers Face Expanded Ban on Lead Fishing Tackle
Not seeing the point of why this "isn't good".You should state your opinion or reasons why it "isn't good".I can't think of anything good about lead being in drinking water reservoirs where many people fish regardless of how small an amount it is or if it is filtered.Not sure about other water bodies but why exactly is this not good?

Also plastic is not a problem,what people do with plastic can be.It's the same as guns don't kill people,people do.Unfortunately carelessness and irresponsibility have tarnished a once great ideal,America,the only thing to blame for it is people, not inanimate objects.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:58 PM

What people do with anything can be a problem..... The more removed they get from where we come from the more of a problem we become. We have trashed the planet and are working on space.

Picking out one little problem is meaning less. Lead is no more or less a problem than plastic, except lead is a natural element, and plastic is not.

And then man has no real place on Earth and only takes with out giving back, Man is the problem. We have over run Earth and one day Earth will take it all back, and man will be No More.

It will all end as it if never happened at all. And yet some people would take life and it's silly laws like money serious ha ha ha.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 PM

818 posts, read 1,017,440 times
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fish...e_Lead_Out.pdf

Loons should not die because Joe want to go catch a big one and is careless in doing so.Tackle gets lost regardless especially in rocky waterbodies .I don't think it is made up just to annoy fisherman.There is an easy solution,switch to steel.Some "change" and laws are actually better in the long run.
Maybe they should ban them in only certain lakes but switching to steel doesn't seem costly and probably makes more sense.Lead will be phased out of most things inevitably.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Know Nonsense View Post
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fish...e_Lead_Out.pdf

Loons should not die because Joe want to go catch a big one and is careless in doing so.Tackle gets lost regardless especially in rocky waterbodies .I don't think it is made up just to annoy fisherman.There is an easy solution,switch to steel.Some "change" and laws are actually better in the long run.
Maybe they should ban them in only certain lakes but switching to steel doesn't seem costly and probably makes more sense.Lead will be phased out of most things inevitably.
Do you have any idea of how much ocean wild life die over plastic? Sharks, Seals, all sorts of birds, sea turtles, whales , dolphin, etc and by the 100's daily.. and you would complain of 20 loons?

Plastics are the bane of man kind against wildlife. Lead is a Earth Element, and chances are critters have been dying from ingestion of lead since before man.

Plastics KILL by tying up critters, ingestion and the toxic stew they become breaking down, plus gassing out. Plastics are a far more serious problem. When we humans ban plastic altogether and have on what little remains are reusable medical supply which is properly disposed of after it is no long of use, and I don't mean dumped in the sea. Only then would i begin to worry about any elements on Earth.

lead was here on earth before man and will be on earth long after man is gone.

Elements have that nasty habit of being elements for better or worse all elements are going no where.

I would be more inclined to get rid of synthetic fishing line before lead.

As a sportsman age 61 now, this isn't the first attack by the left to get rid of lead I have witnessed.

Sinkers today bullets tomorrow.....

Do you know that if you place a frog in a pan of cool water, and then heat that water to boil, that frog will just sit there and take it?

The left thinks everyone is just like that frog....

So far as F&G go they can be easily confused. In my experience they mistook my personal complaints of BEAR while working at a B&B in Jackson as a bunch of ill mannered raccoon.

When they did come to understand because I placed a dozen milk crates over tracks so the tracks could not be rubbed out, they then botched jobbed the trapping of these bears........

What F&G really knows is very debatable. I am not even interested in brand new gear of theirs because it isn't made right......and is for sale in a local consignment shop.

I would expect outdoorsmen who earn a living being outdoors to be as good or better than I am outdoors but clearly they are not.

Let me know when you find one who can start 'first fire' with sticks ok?

Old 03-21-2013, 09:50 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,139,717 times
perhaps the cruise ships and naval ships should stop dumping their trash into the ocean.

Cruise Ship Dumping of Trash & Feces Conflicts With Industry's Image as Steward of the Seas : Cruise Law News

Protected by exemptions in federal laws, the Navy estimates its 452 ships dump about 1.2 million pounds of plastic overboard every year - trash that private vessels must keep on board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire