Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2007, 04:37 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,932,998 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are lucky enough to be doing a cross-country USA road trip this year, from L.A to NYC, and as much as possible in-between.
We're staying in North Conway for Xmas...we chose it because it seemed the most likely, and closest place for a white xmas given that we leave NYC on Dec 22nd.
So....what do you think the chances are of snow around that time? Obviously, nothing is guarranteed, I understand last year, everyone was walking around in t-shirts! But, as we have searing heat down here at that time of year, we have our fingers crossed!
We have 7 weeks of travelling, and as we've never seen the U.S west of CA, we are really looking forward to it!

regards,
Jacq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 05:40 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,035,297 times
That time of the year the northern tier of states may experience snow, high winds and severe cold- it might be judicious to take a more southern route in late December.

The NOAA has predicted above average temperatures across the USA through December, however- so you may escape bad weather.

Last year snow was rare anyplace in New England for Christmas- the weather forecast predictions from the NOAA predict a Mild December again. The chances in northern New England historically for snow over Christmas is over 70% -but those percentages may be changing.

Good luck!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Thanks for the info!

Thanks Skytrekker, I appreciate how cold it'll be, but thats kinda the reason we're going so far north at that time of year. We're staying at 17....98?? (cant remember the year!) Country Inn in North Conway...hoping for a quiet time, with lots of the white stuff!
Thanks again for your help...this is a really interesting and useful forum to find!
regards
Jacq.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:04 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,541,973 times
That sounds like a wonderful trip! North Conway is my favorite town (well, really the White Mountains stole my heart). Someday I want to be there in the wintertime. Been there in early Spring with hints of snow still lingering & in Autumn for leaf peepin'...anytime is absolutely breathtaking!

Hoping you have a white xmas!

Old 10-31-2007, 12:56 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,729,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Hi everyone,

My partner and I are lucky enough to be doing a cross-country USA road trip this year, from L.A to NYC, and as much as possible in-between.
We're staying in North Conway for Xmas...we chose it because it seemed the most likely, and closest place for a white xmas given that we leave NYC on Dec 22nd.
So....what do you think the chances are of snow around that time? Obviously, nothing is guarranteed, I understand last year, everyone was walking around in t-shirts! But, as we have searing heat down here at that time of year, we have our fingers crossed!
We have 7 weeks of travelling, and as we've never seen the U.S west of CA, we are really looking forward to it!

regards,
Jacq.
The Farmer's Almanac says the chances are real good for a white Christmas, also a full moon on the 23rd. Will be beautiful with snow on the ground. Enjoy..

Carrie

Old 10-31-2007, 10:51 PM

Wow, thanks for that info Carrie, sounds fantastic! (and, thanks Farmers Almanac!)
I guess now the biggest problem is that we won't wanna leave.

Jacq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire