Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 02:14 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,269,613 times

Advertisements

There is definately no service in Pittsburg (north of Colebrook) on Unicel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 06:23 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windchimes03561 View Post
Carrie - I hope you do get to visit the area at some point. Littleton is a nice area. It has its share of problems, like everywhere, but overall it's a great place and we enjoy it immensely. I think the thing I like the most about it, and from reading posts on the various areas in NH, I guess it's not unique to Littleton, but there always seems to be something going on. When we first moved here, it gave the impression (to us at least) that it was a "sleepy little town." It had the Main Street charm, the bigger stores on the outskirts, but not much happening. We were wrong <g>. It took us time, but we found things going on almost every weekend, if not right in the town, in one of the nearby ones.

My husband is a musician along with his other talents. At first glance, there didn't seem to be much going on in the way of music....boy were we off base in that department! Although it's not "advertised" there is quite a diverse musical community...from bluegrass to rock and genres in between. Although I don't play an instrument and can't carry a tune in a bucket, I've always loved being around people who can. There are also many artists in the area. I guess I'm drawn to "creative types" and we have found many, some in the most unlikely of places <g>.

One thing that pleasantly surprised us is the medical/dental care here. I've had to have some extensive dental/oral surgery work done and the care I've received has been so much better than what I had in NY....much more personal and "caring." Hubby had knee surgery and I can't say enough good things about the surgeon, staff and the hospital and the hospital staff. Again, he was not just a number...and while he was in surgery, the staff made sure I was "comfortable."

I guess this is probably off topic....maybe I should just apply for a job with the Chamber of Commerce <g>.

In any case, if you get a chance, definitely visit the town. This past weekend was "November Madness" - not sure what's coming up, but I'm pretty sure there will be something!
Wow thank for all the information and kindness. We are going to make a time to come and spend the week-end with our little dog.

Carrie

Old 11-08-2007, 05:52 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiChick View Post
Hi all and thank you bunches for your info!!

Windchimes -- I too will be moving (if all goes well) to the area next summer from ny state (gorham -- which is out in the middle of cow pastures and cornfields between seneca and canandaigua lakes). nice farming area, but i am a mountain adventure seeker and have finally tempted my hubby into also taking the steps to look around. I caught him on a NH teacher site last night. There is hope yet. He is a certified physics/science hs teacher. Know of any jobs opening up per chance?

Off topic is good ... and am glad to hear the medical field is good in the area.

Colebrook -- My hubby enjoys hunting and would prolly spend much time up in the great North country. So that is great to hear from you!
SkiChick - I don't know of any openings personally, but here's a website for the school district - Welcome to the Littleton School District - I'm not sure, but I would image the school districts for Bethlehem, Lancaster, Whitefield, Lisbon, Franconia, etc. would also have sites...I'm not sure how the districts are set up......My hubby also enjoys hunting and is in 7th heaven up here

Old 11-08-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Wow thank for all the information and kindness. We are going to make a time to come and spend the week-end with our little dog.

Carrie
Hi Carrie - Let me know when you will be up here - maybe we can get together for coffee or lunch or something!

Old 11-08-2007, 08:11 PM

132 posts, read 350,797 times
SkiChick, Here are a couple of websites for your hubby. Upper science, upper math, and ESE are in demand everywhere!
EdJobsNH.com
TeachNorth.org :: Home :: New Hampshire's North Country Initiative for Teacher Recruitment

Old 11-12-2007, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 5,622 times
Wink Verizon is tuff to get there now too

Quote:
Originally Posted by vter View Post
There is definately no service in Pittsburg (north of Colebrook) on Unicel.
We used to be able to get Verizon up into Colebrook and in Colebrook. Now it's tuff to get through with Verizon. We have two places up here and west stewartstown has no cell service either. We do need a tower.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:27 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,139,717 times
not to change the subject or anything, but do you have computer cable service up there or is it still dial up?

Old 11-12-2007, 02:53 PM

Littleton has computer cable thru Time-Warner - they also had DSL through Verizon (depending on exactly where you were in Littleton), not sure if they still do...I *think* Bethlehem also has either cable or DSL and I believe Lancaster has one or both...........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire