Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 03:08 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Posts like this are how good rumors get started. Did they ever actually show up at your door and threaten you? Did they ever set a house on fire? Were these protests violent and bloody? I'd like to see some reporting on the 'insanity' that these freestaters showed. Video would be even better, after all, journalism these days is not what it used to be....
Yes we were actually threatened by the free staters... Did u also not see the post of them putting police addresses on the Internet telling people to show up at their homes? To my knowledge they still do it...my husband was at one point on YouTube videoed arresting a free stater who was spitting cops faces and my husband was nice enough to let him keep his teeth. Which is more can I can say I would do. I have my experiences you have yours. Mine is going to be different because we were on the other end of the spectrum. The hate end of it.. We had enough sense to leave that crap hole of a town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 03:09 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
Maybe you shouldn't worry about what other people do so much.
I guess that goes for everyone comment on this post huh?

Old 08-21-2013, 05:59 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,694,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Yes we were actually threatened by the free staters... Did u also not see the post of them putting police addresses on the Internet telling people to show up at their homes? To my knowledge they still do it...my husband was at one point on YouTube videoed arresting a free stater who was spitting cops faces and my husband was nice enough to let him keep his teeth. Which is more can I can say I would do. I have my experiences you have yours. Mine is going to be different because we were on the other end of the spectrum. The hate end of it.. We had enough sense to leave that crap hole of a town

Well, it certainly isn't appropiate for people to spit at anybody, but, that is expected with the job. Lots of people in my area of NH know where the police live without it being posted anywhere. A police officer shouldn't be afraid to have his work video taped since he isn't doing anything wrong....in fact busting teeth for being spit out would be wrong. Sounds like your husband made the right decision to leave law enforcement. I do know from your posts you seem to have issues with every job, or state you live in....just sayin..

Old 08-22-2013, 06:20 AM
SFT

79 posts, read 207,256 times
I foresee this thread being closed. In any case, I wouldn't call these people "Robin Hooders". Putting the free versus paid parking debate aside, these people could find considerably better ways to "help the poor."

From a purely economic standpoint, parking is a scarce resource. We have a choice whether we choose to pay for it or not. If nobody saw value in paying for parking, then the downtown as a whole would suffer. They would quickly let their representatives know how they feel. We all have choices. I don't go into Boston frequently because the price of parking, among other things, is outrageous. Now for residents, that may be a different issue. Not being familiar with the system, it would be nice if they had a system that was reasonable for free parking for those that need to visit town offices. That being said, the cost of implementation might cost the people of the town more than they would save!

Lastly, I want to point out that you are all arguing about extremists. There are "Free Staters" that take it to the extreme. Likewise, many conservatives, liberals, republicans, democrats, "Robin Hooders", and people from other movements do the same thing. Some of these people just seem to like conflict and may or may not actually care about changing their communities for the better. As an independent with ideas ranging the whole spectrum, I can safely say that the only people that annoy me are those that do not have an open mind. Sometimes you need to be strong in your convictions to make change happen, but as I said, some people are always going to be extremists.

The faster you find out that all of us have different experiences in life, which lead to different opinions, the faster you will be able to understand people. Look at some of our great leaders from the past. Have we always persuaded people by showing up at their front door in an aggressive manner (your answer may vary)? Personally, I'm more open to change when not be attacked. If your goal isn't to change, then why waste your time?

That is the end of my rant, but I'd say please wake up. There are many more important things going on around you and we are fighting about Free Staters, "Robin Hooders", and free parking.

Old 08-22-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT View Post
I foresee this thread being closed. In any case, I wouldn't call these people "Robin Hooders". Putting the free versus paid parking debate aside, these people could find considerably better ways to "help the poor."

From a purely economic standpoint, parking is a scarce resource. We have a choice whether we choose to pay for it or not. If nobody saw value in paying for parking, then the downtown as a whole would suffer. They would quickly let their representatives know how they feel. We all have choices. I don't go into Boston frequently because the price of parking, among other things, is outrageous. Now for residents, that may be a different issue. Not being familiar with the system, it would be nice if they had a system that was reasonable for free parking for those that need to visit town offices. That being said, the cost of implementation might cost the people of the town more than they would save!

Lastly, I want to point out that you are all arguing about extremists. There are "Free Staters" that take it to the extreme. Likewise, many conservatives, liberals, republicans, democrats, "Robin Hooders", and people from other movements do the same thing. Some of these people just seem to like conflict and may or may not actually care about changing their communities for the better. As an independent with ideas ranging the whole spectrum, I can safely say that the only people that annoy me are those that do not have an open mind. Sometimes you need to be strong in your convictions to make change happen, but as I said, some people are always going to be extremists.

The faster you find out that all of us have different experiences in life, which lead to different opinions, the faster you will be able to understand people. Look at some of our great leaders from the past. Have we always persuaded people by showing up at their front door in an aggressive manner (your answer may vary)? Personally, I'm more open to change when not be attacked. If your goal isn't to change, then why waste your time?

That is the end of my rant, but I'd say please wake up. There are many more important things going on around you and we are fighting about Free Staters, "Robin Hooders", and free parking.
This isn't about FREE parking at all.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:07 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
This isn't about FREE parking at all.
Some simply don't get it...

Old 08-22-2013, 09:10 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT View Post
Look at some of our great leaders from the past. Have we always persuaded people by showing up at their front door in an aggressive manner (your answer may vary)? Personally, I'm more open to change when not be attacked. If your goal isn't to change, then why waste your time?
It's pretty simple. I want the .gov to leave people alone.

The fact that the town of Keene is going after serfs for putting change in to random parking meters should be alarming to people.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post
It's pretty simple. I want the .gov to leave people alone.

The fact that the town of Keene is going after serfs for putting change in to random parking meters should be alarming to people.

Yes that is the point The town is mad that free staters are basically doing some random acts of kindness and some people aren't getting tickets....but no this isn't about people wanting free parking I mean where in the world did you even get that idea??????

Old 08-23-2013, 08:43 AM

1,383 posts, read 1,560,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lady fern View Post
I guess Concord is trying to get one of these armored vehicles as well. I haven't been here all that long, but I have never heard of any NH riots. Is this expense really needed?
Stick around one of the state's college towns when the Sox win it all, and you'll see some pretty senseless rioting.

</PSCgrad'99>

Old 08-23-2013, 08:57 AM

611 posts, read 1,204,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeadParrot View Post
Stick around one of the state's college towns when the Sox win it all, and you'll see some pretty senseless rioting.

</PSCgrad'99>
Yeah, but that is generally stuff that can be broken up by with some pepper spray or bean bags. It's not like the WTO or LA riots. We pay enough for kids to go to college these days..do we really need to throw in an armored vehicle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire