Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:32 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,179,250 times

Advertisements

In Belmont, near Laconia and Tilton. It's 4:30 am, and its coming down so fast and hard, I can't see to the other side of the yard. The Christmas lights look great! I'm trying to decide if I should go to work today or not. It's making a ching ching sound as it hits the ground, we have about 2 inches already? not sure, it sounds wet or icy, usually it falls quietly right??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 02:44 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
In Belmont, near Laconia and Tilton. It's 4:30 am, and its coming down so fast and hard, I can't see to the other side of the yard. The Christmas lights look great! I'm trying to decide if I should go to work today or not. It's making a ching ching sound as it hits the ground, we have about 2 inches already? not sure, it sounds wet or icy, usually it falls quietly right??
I am so jealous Kat. I love the sound of snow falling, to me it is so peaceful sounding. If you go to work please becareful. I just looked at the weather channel.com and it looks like all of NE is getting hammerd.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:36 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
Up here in Littleton, we have about 3-1/2 inches of snow at 6:30 - Hubby left for work in Jefferson - he picks up a coworker in Bethlehem and they carpool - said the roads have already been taken care of and no problems from here to Bethlehem, anyway. If hubby runs true to form, he'll call once he gets to work and report on the road conditions <g>. It's very peaceful and quiet up here on top of our street - I love the first snowfall, always pretty and pristine!

Old 12-03-2007, 04:40 AM

543 closings/delays already, it was 55 at 4:00 am. LOL
I just tried shoveling my driveway, ppfffttt. Geesh was it really that long?? ZOMG! Time to get hubby up.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:58 AM

67 posts, read 499,186 times
Left the house (Sandown area) this a.m. at 4:30 instead of the usual 5:00 to commute to Woburn, MA.. Side roads were plowed, except when I hit Hampstead. Exit 3 in Windham onto 93....weeeeeee, here we go! Slippery big time into Salem, Methuen. Dascomb road area started to turn into rain. So, all in all, my commute went from a normal 45 minute ride to a 1.5 hour ride. At least I got here safe!
Doing nothing right now here in Woburn, MA.
Hope You all make it to your destination this a.m. safely. Don't rush, just grin and bear it, it is New England you know .
Oh, I think we already had about 6 inches when I left.
snowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnowsnow.......... ......................

Old 12-03-2007, 05:19 AM

Oh please be careful! Thanks Suzet, I called in work already. Since my temp job ended Friday, they were going to give me piddly office stuff to do just to keep me employed until my bank job comes through. Nice of them, so sweet people are here. They were ok with me calling out today. Please stay safe, and if you're at home today, enjoy your day!

Old 12-03-2007, 05:31 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
Kat - Enjoy your snow day! Frolic with the furbabies

We must be in a lull or something - we just have flurries up here right now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire