Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 03:24 PM

3,058 posts, read 3,833,217 times

Advertisements

Bear with me on this, its a complex question: are there any ski areas which are super popular in NH in the winter, but also have a fairly heavy population in summer and fall? Like almost a year round destination?

And which highway will be the most used to access this? In other words, like I'm looking for state highways clogged with Masssholes (jk) and NYers in the winter to go skiing, but are also clogged with leaf peepers in fall and mountain bikers in summer.

I am not that familiar with NH ski areas, but I'm thinking about something like Route 4 going toward Killington in VT. Something like that. I have a friend who has a business idea that will rely on this, and I'm considering investing in his business plan. Location will be the most important location, also NH low business taxes are critical (especially since he looked into VT and Upstate NY tax rates and it won't work).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 03:46 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,283,219 times
Route 302/16 North Conway. Busy pretty much year round. Plenty of ski areas in the area. Cranmore (right in town), Attitash, Black, Wildcat, Bretton Woods, King Pine, and Shawnee Peak (in Maine) are all nearby.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:48 PM

830 posts, read 1,542,630 times
To my knowledge, there are none like some of the VT resorts, but Bretton Woods (Mt. Washington Resort) is pretty popular year-round. It's in the White Mountain National Forest, near Mt. Washington, which makes it popular with leaf peepers. It also has many year-round attractions of its own. This is off 93, on Rt. 302.

Edit - Ah, I was writing my response when vter posted. I agree, that general area has a bunch of ski places.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vter View Post
Route 302/16 North Conway. Busy pretty much year round. Plenty of ski areas in the area. Cranmore (right in town), Attitash, Black, Wildcat, Bretton Woods, King Pine, and Shawnee Peak (in Maine) are all nearby.
Ahh, that's a good recommendation. North Conway also has outlet malls, if I'm not mistaken. Good call, thanks.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbell76 View Post
To my knowledge, there are none like some of the VT resorts, but Bretton Woods (Mt. Washington Resort) is pretty popular year-round. It's in the White Mountain National Forest, near Mt. Washington, which makes it popular with leaf peepers. It also has many year-round attractions of its own. This is off 93, on Rt. 302.

Edit - Ah, I was writing my response when vter posted. I agree, that general area has a bunch of ski places.
Thank you. Good to see two separate people recommending the same area. Hopefully, its a business friendly location.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:39 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,860,355 times
Sunapee may be worth what you are looking for. Skiing in the winter and the lake in the summer.... Winnepesaukee as well as Gunstock is right there, but not as good skiing as Sunapee...

Old 02-14-2014, 07:31 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,499,685 times
I tell yah what, you can just setup shop right at the bow junction where 89 meets 93. that Mobile gas station of exit 1 is always 30 cents higher on gas and always MOBBED with mass-holes going skiing or to Sunapee.

SO I will second the Sunapee suggestion.

I also would think somewhere near gunstock would be good too. ski traffic in the winter and lake business in the summer.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:41 PM

Good info. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire