Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 09:39 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,549,023 times

Advertisements

Someone needs to tell mother nature to get that stick out of her butt

just beachy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 10:52 AM

146 posts, read 294,477 times
I agree!! In a typical winter, I might wear a pair of gloves now and then. This year I've had to dig deep into the winter closet, alternating three sets of gloves, boots, parkas, hats, etc. It's been a never ending cycle of sleep, work, shovel. All my indoor projects were put on hold weeks ago. And my back is starting to really hurt!!!

Here's my front yard...
Attached Thumbnails
anyone else had ENOUGH!!-image.jpg  

Old 02-15-2015, 10:58 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,549,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glopop11 View Post
I agree!! In a typical winter, I might wear a pair of gloves now and then. This year I've had to dig deep into the winter closet, alternating three sets of gloves, boots, parkas, hats, etc. It's been a never ending cycle of sleep, work, shovel. All my indoor projects were put on hold weeks ago. And my back is starting to really hurt!!!

Here's my front yard...

If not for the plow truck I would be curled up in the fetal position awaiting sweet death

Old 02-15-2015, 04:15 PM

10,926 posts, read 22,031,234 times
There have been a few roof collapses. Wind sounds like it's going to break the windows. 100+ MPH gusts on top of Mt. Washington.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:44 PM

9,191 posts, read 6,370,661 times
You guys are starting to sound like the whiners down in the Boston area.

Admittedly I am a little concerned about my roof. It is too high for a roof rake. I have no icles/ice dams but I have quite a big snow drift sitting above my bedroom. My house faces north so the front side is bare but the back side has the sizable snow drifts.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:48 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,964,058 times
My husband shoveled our entire roof yesterday, before yesterday's snowstorm and today's icy temperatures and horrible winds. There was well over 4' of snow in some areas, and a concern is that we're not going to continue to have these ultra-fluffy snowstorms-at some point we're going to get a wet and heavy storm (like the one that knocked out power for so many on Thanksgiving) and that 4' of fluffy snow up there would become waterlogged and super heavy. THEN I would really worry about our roof! I'd rather shovel 18" of fluff than 3" of slush, any day

Old 02-15-2015, 06:03 PM

146 posts, read 294,477 times
AtkinsonDan I'm not whining, just laying the foundation for the tale I will tell my grandchildren in ten years or so. Ya know, about how we had six blizzards and 20 feet of snow by mid February!

Old 02-15-2015, 06:34 PM

9,191 posts, read 6,370,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glopop11 View Post
AtkinsonDan I'm not whining, just laying the foundation for the tale I will tell my grandchildren in ten years or so. Ya know, about how we had six blizzards and 20 feet of snow by mid February!
I know. That is why is used the big grin icon. I am also happy that 2015 will be the new standard against which we measure all future winters. I was too young (3-4yo) to have any stories about 1978.

Old 02-15-2015, 09:12 PM

196 posts, read 276,392 times
If I was one of those "oohhh, let's find the positive in everything" people, I would be

1. Happy that I learned to use a snowblower (as my husband is sick and can't do our driveway)
2. Happy that we homeschool and I don't have to worry about kids missing so much school
3. Happy that my kids are having a blast in all this snow and sleeping sooo much better every night from being exhausted
4 Happy that my 6 yr old learned the art of negotiations in trying to figure out what areas of shoveling will get him the most amount of money in the fastest time.

But !!!! since I am not that kind of person - OMG, this snow needs to go away bc

1. I am tried adding all that shoveling and snowblowing that has been added to my long "to do" list
2 I STILL have to do lessons with my kids even though other kids have snow days
3. I have tons more laundry to do from all that wet clothes that kids now have on a daily basis
4. I am NOT ready to start shelling out money to a 6 yr old! I thought I had a few more years.

So, while I am thankful for this experience, I am ready to be done with it!

And btw, I grew up in a place that had snow from Nov-March every single winter, so it's not like it's new to me or anything. But worrying about loosing power and all this shoveling and snowblowing makes a huge difference

Old 02-16-2015, 04:42 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,637,319 times
Yep. Wind howled like a banshee last night. Thought it was going to rip the roof off. The last blizzard that we had actually did take a portion of the shingles off of my shed. Found them way over on the neighbor's property. Didn't get much snow from this last storm but now the arctic temperatures.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: