Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2015, 08:26 AM

605 posts, read 624,888 times

Advertisements

I need to have an 85' pine tree taken down and removed. Can anyone recommend a reliable, insured, and affordable person to do this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 09:01 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,494,957 times
I have used accurate tree service out of Dunbarton before. I would recommend them.

Old 09-27-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris410 View Post
I have used accurate tree service out of Dunbarton before. I would recommend them.
In what sense are they affordable? Possible cost to fell and cart away an 85' tree?

Old 09-27-2015, 12:20 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,672,673 times
Talking An arborist knows how to keep trees alive. A tree removal guy knows how to keep his crew alive while killing trees

I know a couple of tree guys who are reliable & affordable, and one arborist (Renaissance Acres, Weare) who I trust for pruning and to take down trees in tricky areas (next to a house, power lines, etc), but generally an arborist does not work cheap.

If the goal is to take down one large pine tree, it is much cheaper to look for "tree removal, insured" rather than "arborist, certified".

Old 09-28-2015, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
I know a couple of tree guys who are reliable & affordable, and one arborist (Renaissance Acres, Weare) who I trust for pruning and to take down trees in tricky areas (next to a house, power lines, etc), but generally an arborist does not work cheap.

If the goal is to take down one large pine tree, it is much cheaper to look for "tree removal, insured" rather than "arborist, certified".
You make a good point, Nonesuch. I don't specifically need an arborist, so let's change it to "insured tree guy."

How much do you think I should expect to pay for an 85' tree?

Old 09-30-2015, 06:36 PM

477 posts, read 899,975 times
What do you consider central, NH. I can give you several recommendations in the lakes region area.

As to price, that will greatly depend on location and space. Will they need a bucket truck or maybe even a crane? Are they taking it all away?

Old 10-02-2015, 07:26 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,494,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Standing View Post
In what sense are they affordable? Possible cost to fell and cart away an 85' tree?
Your best bet is to call a few companies and get some quotes. Its impossible for anyone of us to say as we are not the ones doing the work and there are alot of other factors that I would think would affect the price
  • proximity to powerlines/houses/etc
  • Access to tree (can they drop it easily or do they need to bring in a crane or climb it?)
  • Clean up of wood/brush?
  • Stump grinding?

I think you get my drift.

With that said i had about 7 trees dropped in place (all very close to my house) about 5 years ago and it costed around 800 dollars. They left all the wood and I cleaned it up.

They also mentioned doing 2 trees vs 8 trees wasn't a big difference in cost, because the bulk of the cost is their insurance and them arriving on site and setting up their operation. once they are "there" its not much extra work to take down extra trees. (but again that is probably going to depend on the factors above)

Old 10-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHForester View Post
What do you consider central, NH. I can give you several recommendations in the lakes region area.

As to price, that will greatly depend on location and space. Will they need a bucket truck or maybe even a crane? Are they taking it all away?
PM sent. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire