Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 10:12 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,254,884 times

Advertisements

Well.. as an atheist, I've never been offended by the prevalence of christian holidays on the calendar. And even if these trees are referred to as "holiday trees", they are still christmas trees to me. Do jews and muslims decorate cone shaped trees for any of their holidays? No, no they don't. Jews have their menorahs.

Otherwise, I do feel that taxpayer money should not be spent on christmas decorations or the electricity to run them.

Christianity is still the majority religion in the US. And muslims and those of other religions shouldn't feel oppressed by the presence of so many visible christmas decorations at this time of year. And if you feel that their presence is some affront to your religious beliefs, then get over it or go back to your home country were the muslim religion is the dominant one. America was founded on many freedoms, including the one to have the freedom to choose your own religious beliefs or even be an atheist.

And to all immigrants: if you want to feel like a real part of American society, learn to speak and right English well.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:21 AM

36,753 posts, read 14,887,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Stay away from "Faux" News, Crazy Dave, or they will control your mind. This "Merry Christmas" business is a gimmick that Roger Ailes dreamed up. It is still perfectly OK to say "Happy Holidays," or send cards with "Seasons Greetings."

There you are, folks.

Don't concern yourselves with the veracity of a news report. Instead, dismiss it because of its source. And by all means, do not question why your favored news sources are burying stories. After all, how else can they convince the uninformed that they don't exist?

Old 12-03-2015, 10:26 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,553,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

There you are, folks.

Don't concern yourselves with the veracity of a news report. Instead, dismiss it because of its source. And by all means, do not question why your favored news sources are burying stories. After all, how else can they convince the uninformed that they don't exist?

I know, but the plan is always been to demean or bully to keep people from speaking..oh you listen to FAUX.. never mind that time and time again they ( and yes they lie too ) have been shown to be more accurate and truthful in their reporting.. not that it matters, right?

Old 12-03-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Well.. as an atheist, I've never been offended by the prevalence of christian holidays on the calendar. And even if these trees are referred to as "holiday trees", they are still christmas trees to me. Do jews and muslims decorate cone shaped trees for any of their holidays? No, no they don't. Jews have their menorahs.

Otherwise, I do feel that taxpayer money should not be spent on christmas decorations or the electricity to run them.

Christianity is still the majority religion in the US. And muslims and those of other religions shouldn't feel oppressed by the presence of so many visible christmas decorations at this time of year. And if you feel that their presence is some affront to your religious beliefs, then get over it or go back to your home country were the muslim religion is the dominant one. America was founded on many freedoms, including the one to have the freedom to choose your own religious beliefs or even be an atheist.

And to all immigrants: if you want to feel like a real part of American society, learn to speak and right English well.
How politically incorrect of you.. I like it

Old 12-03-2015, 10:47 AM

1,274 posts, read 2,389,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post

OMG, I actually agree with everything you said.

It's a Christmas tree, Marlborough NH School Superintendent guy. Just call it that. Perhaps he's gun-shy of the ACLU suing the school district? Some people just cave and don't have the stones to do the right thing.

I hope this ends in some sort of sane way.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:53 AM

5,308 posts, read 6,228,342 times
If you think of Christmas as a commercial holiday (which it is incidentally) rather than a religious one (Jesus of Nazareth was not born on December 25), I, for one, don't see a problem with using the word in public schools. Sometimes PC can run amok as with public schools calling Thanksgiving, "autumn break" or "fall harvest break."

On the other hand, Faux News glamourpusses and other on air "personalities" always end each guest appearance this time of the year with a "Merry Christmas," even if the guest is Jewish or non-Christian. That is an "in your face" insult.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:13 AM

10,068 posts, read 15,754,962 times
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Old 12-03-2015, 11:48 AM

639 posts, read 582,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
I think it is Christians that enjoy the war on Christmas far to much. Just calm down and enjoy it and stop ramming it down everybody's throat then pretending to be offended if confronted with a non Christian pagan.
It's a posting on a community board. I'm not religious. Any one can post. Or use to be able to.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:52 AM

639 posts, read 582,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Correct.
All of this made up issue is created by Fox News. It's Fox News and the "other" main stream media.
Us against them.
Plays into the base of Donald Trump. White middle class America.

I don't want your "Jesus" jammed into my public schools. I don't want anyone's religion in a taxpayer funded school.
All of this has already been settled a long time ago. With subsequent cases.

Engel v. Vitale, 370 U.S. 421 (1962), was a landmark United States Supreme Court case that ruled it is unconstitutional for state officials to compose an official school prayer and encourage its recitation in public schools.

Roger Ailes is a genius. Fox News is a for profit company. And ratings bring in the advertising revenues.
Get the older middle age white viewership all worked up.

Happy Festivus !
Hey genius, It was a posting on a community board, not a school event. Any religion should be able to put up a flyer.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeaster View Post
Hey genius, It was a posting on a community board, not a school event. Any religion should be able to put up a flyer.
their hatred far outshines their reasoning abilities..just the way they were taught I guess

Last edited by CrazyDave; 12-03-2015 at 12:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire