Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 03:44 PM

111 posts, read 118,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
One final thought

When I was a kid
I knew a kid whose family
were Jehovah Witnesses
and they didn't celebrate
Christmas
I knew several kids who were
Jewish and they didn't
celebrate Christmas
I knew Catholics and Protestants
I probably knew a few Atheists to
I had no animosity towards them
and as best as I know they had
none toward me
We laughed
we played
and come Christmas
we all did our own thing
without government officials
protecting us from being
offended
Amazing ain't it?
CrazyDave, I don't think your name is fitting because after this post, you are not crazy at all!! I agree and also grew up not caring of someones race or religion. The government and media is shoving PC down everyone's throat so much that they are causing a tremendous strain. I don't watch the news and rarely read the headlines (just check in once in a while). It's been years since I've been, but what do stand-up comedians crack jokes about anymore without offending someone. Are they out of work?

Old 12-08-2015, 04:13 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,383,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbnv-n View Post
CrazyDave, I don't think your name is fitting because after this post, you are not crazy at all!! I agree and also grew up not caring of someones race or religion. The government and media is shoving PC down everyone's throat so much that they are causing a tremendous strain. I don't watch the news and rarely read the headlines (just check in once in a while). It's been years since I've been, but what do stand-up comedians crack jokes about anymore without offending someone. Are they out of work?
Jerry Seinfeld would agree with you. Don't think he'll be at Keene State College or UNH anytime soon...

Jerry Seinfeld says comedians avoid college gigs, students are ‘so PC’ | USA TODAY College

Old 12-09-2015, 05:38 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,545,173 times
So this is Christmas
wrote John Lennon

I dunno.. perhaps replying to this
is Christmas, whether you personally celebrate
the holiday or not

Girl with severe burns only wants cards for Christmas | FOX5 San Diego

Old 12-09-2015, 10:35 AM

132 posts, read 195,998 times
The holiday season isn't just about Christmas and it isn't just about Christians. "Happy Holidays" includes Hannukah, New Years and even Thanksgiving. It's the whole season. Get over it.

Old 12-09-2015, 11:03 AM

639 posts, read 579,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer12 View Post
The holiday season isn't just about Christmas and it isn't just about Christians. "Happy Holidays" includes Hannukah, New Years and even Thanksgiving. It's the whole season. Get over it.
Why don't you read the thread so you can have an intelligent, relevant response. That's has nothing to do with the conversation.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:13 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,725,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer12 View Post

Exactly. I don't know why Christians think that there holiday season is totally ruined if the poor overworked clerk at Home Depot says happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas FYI....I thought your response was just as relevant as anybody else that has some sort of world wide Christmas domination agenda going on here.

Old 12-09-2015, 03:23 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,545,173 times
Exactly. I don't know why Christians think that there holiday season is totally ruined if the poor overworked clerk at Home Depot says happy holidays instead of Merry Christmas FYI....I thought your response was just as relevant as anybody else that has some sort of world wide Christmas domination agenda going on here.

It wouldn't be ruined, and it has nothing to do with the post.. perhaps you might want to take a course in reading, context and comprehension at one of the local colleges.. it might help in your understanding of things, but somehow I doubt it.

Edit.. Oh and to illustrate my point, here is the original post again, please note the part in bold.. read it out loud.. now what does it say in relation to what a business does or doesn't say or do in relation to Christmas? Yeah.. did you get that? Good.

But it is about PC stupidity..
Don't care if Starbucks has little red cups with no messages
that is their business..
but to deny the holiday is what it is and actively remove the word Christmas.. yeah that is nothing but PC insanity.. here in NH

School district bans the word 'Christmas' from flyer | Fox News

Last edited by CrazyDave; 12-09-2015 at 03:44 PM..

Old 12-09-2015, 03:59 PM

639 posts, read 579,877 times
There are treads about starbucks red cups, and the greeters saying "happy holidays" This isn't one of them.

Old 12-09-2015, 05:03 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,383,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
This thread is about a Christmas Tree in NH not allowed to be advertised as a Christmas Tree on school grounds. Nothing to do with Happy Holidays. It's about a Christmas-only-related object that can't be called a Christmas tree on a flyer.

You wouldn't call it a holiday tree, because the tree is not associated with any other holiday but Christmas.

Serenity NOW!

Old 12-10-2015, 02:08 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,730,837 times
Back on topic folks, please.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire