Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2008, 07:49 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,454,806 times

Advertisements

Congrats on your 2nd GOLD, Country!
This is one happy place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 09:16 PM

452 posts, read 1,735,268 times
Double congratulations, Country!

Old 06-06-2008, 11:50 AM

951 posts, read 1,657,467 times
Hmmmm. Awful quiet in here, folks. Everyone must be over at Comet's watching the crabgrass grow. Anyway.....

Have a great weekend, everyone! It's going to be a HOT one here in the Northeast this weekend. It's expected to reach into the 90's. My mother-in-law is going to be opening up her pool, so I'll have a place to relax.

To all my forum buddies, have a safe and enjoyable weekend!
peace +
bryfry

Old 06-06-2008, 08:54 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,043,877 times
Quote:
It's going to be a HOT one here in the Northeast this weekend. It's expected to reach into the 90's.
oh, man!!!! I was so hoping you guys could make me jealous. It's going to be in the mid- to high- 90s all weekend at least here, with high humidity putting it up to 110-110 in the heat index. What's wrong up there, it's supposed to be a little cooler!

Old 06-06-2008, 10:25 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,706,076 times
Well, it was "cool" here in NC today compared to the last 2 days - it was only 98 with heat index of over 110. Last two days it was over 100 and higher heat index. Of course the next 10 days or more it is supposed to be a minimum of 98 but actually will be over 100 degrees. Oh and overnight lows are and going to be 75 degrees 75 degrees or so is our AVERAGE high for this time of the year -- so I guess the 70's of May are long gone, and I'd actually take the low 90's hehehe

just had to make ya feel a little better Wanna and my NH friends

PS My DS graduated from pre-school today ::sniff sniff::

Old 06-06-2008, 10:51 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,706,076 times
Oh had to share what I just did for the first time - and it came out wonderful (well looks good anyways).

My DH's employer is having a huge picnic tomorrow (nope no Yogi or BooBoo Bears allowed - nor peacocks, turkeys, skunks - there might be some bigfoot there though - you havent' seen his co-workers LOL)

Anyhow back on topic, they are having a cake walk and asked everyone to bring a cake if they can. I said OK (totally forgetting how busy I was this week). Last night I decided I'd try something quick and easy - and didn't have ICING due to the extreme heat we will have - didn't want anything melting. So I made a pineapple upside down cake AND a PEAR upside down cake. They look scrumptuous and DH is complaining he can't have a piece LOL. I might try a peach one next.

Thursday night I had made 4 meals at once too - spaghetti, sloppy joe's, american chop suey, and chicken baked in ranch dressing. I all of a sudden am in the mood for cooking/baking. Probably the last time for the rest of the summer LOL. Though I need to make my steak tips and macaroni shrimp salad sometime this summer - at least once.

Ok time for bed. Hope all is quiet because it's a GOOD thing for everyone. Enjoy your weekend.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
Thursday night I had made 4 meals at once too - spaghetti, sloppy joe's, american chop suey, and chicken baked in ranch dressing. I all of a sudden am in the mood for cooking/baking. Probably the last time for the rest of the summer LOL. Though I need to make my steak tips and macaroni shrimp salad sometime this summer - at least once.
Mom!! You're making me hungry! It's not even 8 am and I could go for a big plate of spaghetti. Then I'll have a sloppy joe. Darn it! Now I'm going to have to go the bagel shop and get something. Sounds delish, though!! I just did a similar thing last Sunday. I made sausage & peppers, grilled teriyaki chicken, and steak tips with sauteed mushrooms. Then pasta and potato salads. We've been eating it all week! The kids are sick of it though.

Stay cool everyone!

Old 06-07-2008, 08:17 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,043,877 times
Bry, you can have the pasta/sauce stuff.. I'm heading straight for that pear upside-down cake! I've only heard of pineapple - and not caring for pineapple I've always ignored such things. but pear, now that's something else again (as would be peach)!

<sigh> my trainer is making us start cooking dinners now since I'm not allowed to eat anything starchy after 2pm - once this heat hits the very last thing I want to do is heat the kitchen! In all this horrid summer heat, our house is an 1886 house and we only have a couple of window a/c's.

I can't wait till we build our own place and it will be in the mid50's year round (course that means heating year round...)

Old 06-07-2008, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
....the very last thing I want to do is heat the kitchen!
That's why everything will go out on the grill. I even make pizza out there. I love grilled veggies, so all my stuff gets done outside.

Old 06-07-2008, 09:33 AM

1,775 posts, read 8,104,319 times
my favorite that everyone loves is my strawberrry shortcake. I use a strawberry cake mix and bake it in a rectangle pan, cut it in half and down the middle when it's really cooled off and fill the middle with strawberries either fresh or even the frozen kind with the sauce. then put the top layer on. Don't worry if you mess up cutting it in half and it breaks a bit, nobody will even know. When your ready to serve it, top if off with a container of cool whip and some whole strawberries just for looks. You can top it off and keep it refrigerated but if it's something outdoors, it's best to wait until it's ready to be cut. MMMMM..... makes me want to make one now. By the way, down here we've been in the mid 90's the last 2 weeks. Tampa's high beat the old record back in 1904 at 96 for the high. It's about 5 degees warmer than usual for this time of year and i can't wait to get to NH and enjoy some cooler weather. 2 more weeks and counting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire