Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 02:36 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,711,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
Bry, you can have the pasta/sauce stuff.. I'm heading straight for that pear upside-down cake! I've only heard of pineapple - and not caring for pineapple I've always ignored such things. but pear, now that's something else again (as would be peach)!
Yes you can do peach and apricot too - just use the slices and don't use cherries. I have to make another one for hubby now - since he didn't win them in the cake walk But he did win a cooler in the door prizes, and then he got a perfect attendance award - a crystal award with his name on it - and a cash prize Course, the cash came to the wife - that's my reward for pushing him to work for the past 2 years and making sure he isn't late LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 09:00 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,061,905 times
hey, Mom, that's pretty cool! I've never heard of perfect attendance records for work - but then hubby is a federal employee so they don't really watch such things. Congrats to him (and you for getting him there)!

Nice to get a cooler. In light of the oppressive heat this weekend, and our shopping trip - and coolers- I was wondering: Since most people have to drive around 1/2 to go grocery shopping, how do you keep cold & frozen things from thawing? Do you actually bring a cooler and put the stuff in there?

Old 06-08-2008, 09:22 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,219,830 times
Talking Hello My NH Forum Friends!! We have another BIRTHDAY!!

I HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH EVERYONE!!

I hope that you are able to stay COOL!!that its not too hot

I just wanted to mention to all of you, that I started a HAPPY BIRTHDAY

thread for our friend "DARE TO DREAM!!"Her BIRTHDAY is Wed. June 11

So, PLEASE GO, STOP BY & LETS CELEBRATE HER BIRTHDAY!!

JUNE BELONGS TO THE PURPLE HAIR LADY!!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY "DARE TO DREAM!" WOOHOOO!!

Best of wishes for a WONDERFUL Birthday!

Take gentle care everyone!

HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!!

Countrylv22

Last edited by countrylv22; 06-08-2008 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: THANK YOU EVERYONE, FOR ALL OF THE WONDERFUL POSTS YOU WROTE FOR ME! :0):0) PEACE & BLESSINGS EVERYONE!:0)

Old 06-09-2008, 12:08 PM

951 posts, read 1,661,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
I hope that you are able to stay COOL!!that its not too hot
I just wanted to mention to all of you, that I started a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
thread for our friend "DARE TO DREAM!!"
It's smokin' here on the Cape. The humidity is really a killer. We have AC at work, but I have to go outside to the warehouse all the time, back and forth, and it's like stepping out into a sauna. I feel sorry for our warehouse manager. He's sweating profusely and looks a bit haggard. At least he's drinking lots of water. I have AC in my bedroom at home and sleeping at night is pretty easy!

Thanks for starting a b-day thread for DTD! That's awesome! You're such a nice person, country! Our forum family is so cool!!

Have a great day!!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:00 AM

Unhappy Suzette come out come out whereever you are

I just checked her profile and it has been a week since she signed on...hope all is ok with her and the family. I dont' recall her saying she was going away - I know she has her DH birthday party and all - just concerned as she is usually on here nightly. Granted not that this board has had much activity for her to moderate but she is missed and we worry.

How about everyone else too - check in and update us as to what's going on - the heat and humidity has me staying inside grrrrrrrrr

Old 06-10-2008, 08:01 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,461,592 times
Speaking of weather, my son's class field trip to Strawbery Banke in Portsmouth was cancelled due to excessive heat! (this is mildly amusing considering we've attended cross country practices in 100 deg. f plus temps in SoCal, but I understand w/the humidity here it's bad) I was going to chaperone, and was really looking forward to it. At this point I figure it's worth going on our own....is it worthwhile driving up there? Or one of those places you can't imagine why you drove so long to get to? Anyone?

Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Speaking of weather, my son's class field trip to Strawbery Banke in Portsmouth was cancelled due to excessive heat! (this is mildly amusing considering we've attended cross country practices in 100 deg. f plus temps in SoCal, but I understand w/the humidity here it's bad) I was going to chaperone, and was really looking forward to it. At this point I figure it's worth going on our own....is it worthwhile driving up there? Or one of those places you can't imagine why you drove so long to get to? Anyone?

I honestly believe it is very worth the trip - it's fun and educational at the same time. Then you can check out the beautiful gardens in Prescott Park (basically across the street from Strawberry Banke) and on the weekends in the evenings there is free entertainment at the park - usually music or a play (even geared towards kids!). Make a day or even a weekend out of it. To continue on the theme of Strawberry Banke, the next day drive down to downtown Dover (Central Ave, right before Silver St) is the Woodman Park Institute - museum and 2 other buildings. All along the same line as Strawberry Banke - and something for everyone's interest. Admission is a minimal fee for it.

Old 06-10-2008, 08:13 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,461,592 times
Thanks Mom
Just the feedback i was looking for!
Maybe I'll take my CA friends there when they visit, considering it seems we could fill a whole day up that way!

Old 06-10-2008, 08:46 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,191,550 times
According to the desktop weather on my computer, it's 85 here. I haven't been out and don't plan on going out today - it's actually comfortable in the house with the windows closed, drapes closed and a couple of fans on. We haven't put in the window a/c units yet...the rest of the week is supposed to be cooler, so we probably won't put the a/c in yet, if at all.

I see where some areas of NY and VT have tornado watches up, but haven't seen anything yet for NH!

Old 06-10-2008, 09:45 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,061,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
I honestly believe it is very worth the trip - it's fun and educational at the same time. Then you can check out the beautiful gardens in Prescott Park (basically across the street from Strawberry Banke) and on the weekends in the evenings there is free entertainment at the park - usually music or a play (even geared towards kids!). Make a day or even a weekend out of it. To continue on the theme of Strawberry Banke, the next day drive down to downtown Dover (Central Ave, right before Silver St) is the Woodman Park Institute - museum and 2 other buildings. All along the same line as Strawberry Banke - and something for everyone's interest. Admission is a minimal fee for it.
I agree! It's worth the trip. I drove DH out there (decades ago) - that's when I suddenly became aware that many of those old buildings are a bit... musty for asthmatics.

I've always loved Prescott Park - personally I think it could be a beautiful spot for a wedding!

And next door to Strawberry Banke is the Patrick Henry house (or was it Nathan Hale? One of those two, I can't remember).

You could easily make a two-day trip out of it - you can also get whale-watch cruises out of Portsmouth as well.

have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire