Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 01:35 PM

10 posts, read 11,845 times

Advertisements

CHEF WITH FAMILY ON THE MOVE LOOK RELOCATE IN SNH I AM HAVING HARD TIME CHOOSE A TOWN FOR ITALIAN RESTAURANT RETAIL CONCEPT , EXTER SEEM TO BE A GOOD FIT FOR THE DOWNTOWN ,POTHMOUTH IS VERY NICE NOTHING AVAILABLE ,MAINE TOO MANY Eatery AND TOO SEASONAL .I KNOW MAINE WELL AND PORTHMOUTH USE TO LIVE IN KPORT 2 YEARS NEED YUR HELP AND HOPE FOR A LOT OF SUGGESTION THANKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2016, 02:31 PM

3,693 posts, read 7,462,567 times
Nashua seems likely

Old 08-14-2016, 02:51 PM

Nashua is nice actual oportunity there what use to be a burger place and after chinese rest in a warehouse but a bit off main street

Old 08-14-2016, 06:27 PM

125 posts, read 150,066 times
Nashua is a toliet. Try a smaller town with money in need of a good restaurant. New London comes to mind.

Perhaps Laconia, the tourist business would be great June through October.

Just saw you said southern NH. Maybe Keene or Hillsboro.

Old 08-14-2016, 10:32 PM

Thanks

Old 08-15-2016, 08:10 AM

5,308 posts, read 6,229,698 times
The statistics are that most new restaurants close their doors within the first 5 years. There are just too many restaurants and people are fickle. Get a subpar meal and/or bad service and people don't come back.

Suggest that you first get a chef's job in a successful Italian or continental restaurant somewhere in NH or MA. That way, you'll get a feel for what the natives like and how they expect to be treated.

Old 08-15-2016, 11:41 AM

114 posts, read 124,384 times
Why not try a town like Amherst or Milford? Those areas are in a place where they are not quite close enough to cities like Manchester or Nashua to make dining there accessible. Currently Portsmouth has an abundance of restaurants and would be hard to break into.

Old 08-15-2016, 03:23 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,978,550 times
How about something along the Rte 101 corridor, instead of the already hot restaurant towns, that have established competition? I would never have believed that the town of Raymond would have become as popular as it has become over the past few years, but time and time again, I'm having people contact me to see property here, and what brought them to Raymond for the first time? A hot restaurant-the Tuckaway Tavern, (named for nearby Pawtuckaway State Park (home of Pawtuckaway Lake (Pond) and the (very small) Pawtuckaway Mountains (3 small mountains offering great boulder climbing). All of a sudden, people are actually CHOOSING to look at homes in Raymond, instead of being priced out of other nearby towns and settling there. Raymond Pride, it's a beautiful thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinolichef View Post
CHEF WITH FAMILY ON THE MOVE LOOK RELOCATE IN SNH I AM HAVING HARD TIME CHOOSE A TOWN FOR ITALIAN RESTAURANT RETAIL CONCEPT , EXTER SEEM TO BE A GOOD FIT FOR THE DOWNTOWN ,POTHMOUTH IS VERY NICE NOTHING AVAILABLE ,MAINE TOO MANY Eatery AND TOO SEASONAL .I KNOW MAINE WELL AND PORTHMOUTH USE TO LIVE IN KPORT 2 YEARS NEED YUR HELP AND HOPE FOR A LOT OF SUGGESTION THANKS

Old 08-15-2016, 09:30 PM

Thanks mr wells5 I already done my practice in maine kport ,I own a restaurant for last 16 years chef es officer red scarf but that s not the point maine has 13 restaurant every 10 thousand people Nh only 8 or 9 and is not as seasonal . My dream location include a garden fresh veg and homemade all the way not fine dining . I will check location mentioned I thank you for your response

Old 08-15-2016, 09:54 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,978,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinolichef View Post
Thanks mr wells5 I already done my practice in maine kport ,I own a restaurant for last 16 years chef es officer red scarf but that s not the point maine has 13 restaurant every 10 thousand people Nh only 8 or 9 and is not as seasonal . My dream location include a garden fresh veg and homemade all the way not fine dining . I will check location mentioned I thank you for your response
One of my favorite restaurants is located in Manchester, a Nepalese restaurant that has various herbs & varieties of mint growing in pots and raised beds in various locations outside. As one who cooks in summer months by going to the garden to see what's ripe, and snips off whatever herbs may be needed, I appreciate the freshness factor. Farm-to-table is growing in popularity-people are eating locally grown foods and willing to pay for it. Check out the website for The Foundry in Manchester, a very popular certified farm-to-table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire