Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 07:48 PM

211 posts, read 290,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer17 View Post
Is Manchester becoming as dangerous as I'm hearing. Just Curious.
Yes, it is. It's importing asylum seekers and illegal aliens. The demographics are changing, and thus the crime is rising.

I'm afraid New Hampshire cannot escape what it is happening all over the United States. We're basically told third world immigration is beneficial and great; while Manchester is a display of that benefit.

Quite sad that anyone who dares question what's becoming to the United States is slandered a racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2006, 01:04 AM

914 posts, read 2,919,725 times
What can we do about it? I live in CA and we've given up on doing anything meaningful to curb or stop illegal immigration. I know a lot of people, some of whom post on this forum, are fleeing highly-impacted areas for places like NH. But then I read the most unlikely places, like NH, CT or other New England cities, are starting to have problems with them, and I don't know what to think. When the big immigration debate was raging, about 6 months ago, I remember some govt. official, a mayor, or congressman, or someone, was bragging about how NH was passing tough laws designed to discourage illegals form coming there. I thought, "Good for them", but then I read this stuff about Manchester, and don't know what to think!

Old 12-31-2006, 06:45 AM

625 posts, read 2,436,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
What can we do about it? I live in CA and we've given up on doing anything meaningful to curb or stop illegal immigration. I know a lot of people, some of whom post on this forum, are fleeing highly-impacted areas for places like NH. But then I read the most unlikely places, like NH, CT or other New England cities, are starting to have problems with them, and I don't know what to think. When the big immigration debate was raging, about 6 months ago, I remember some govt. official, a mayor, or congressman, or someone, was bragging about how NH was passing tough laws designed to discourage illegals form coming there. I thought, "Good for them", but then I read this stuff about Manchester, and don't know what to think!
I'm one of those refugees from the DPRK (Demokratik People's Republik of Kalifornistan). Trust me when I say the majority of folks here wouldn't know an illegal if it jumped out of the Home Depot at them.

It's NOT bad in Manchester--a lot of the increase of crime is actually MA people coming up. A few illegals, yes--but not in the kind of numbers you and I are used to seeing in CA.

The state assistance laws are pretty tough here--even the locals have a hard time getting welfare, etc., and so it does tend to discourage influx. We also don't pay as well as some of our other neighbors so that may also discourage some.

Taxes? Well, I don't pay income or sales, so I guess that kind of takes away one of those sources. CA, OTOH, sees fit to drill me for 8 percent sales tax, 9.3 percent income tax, fees out the wazoo, and all that other good stuff. No wonder it takes a 125-150K salary just to survive in the Southland anymore.

Old 12-31-2006, 08:38 AM

69 posts, read 324,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlynnsoucy View Post
jer17,
What town do you live in?

Littleton. Born and raised. Ready to move on. Escape New England, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire