Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 09:25 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,100,582 times

Advertisements

The low rent garbage I'm referring too are the trinket shops that sell nothing but garbage. The t-shirt shops every other door. There isn't a thing there outside of the ballroom and arcade that draws money in.

There isn't any reason to get Offended, I was merely stating that there is capital to be had there. And I didn't say I to completely revamp the area, but maybe get a little variety in the offerings.

I just know my money will be spent in York, OBX , LBI and other beach towns who know how to get it right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 10:54 AM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
I think people who go to Hampton Beach like it the way it is and it IS a lot better than it was just a a few years ago.

I wasn't able to access the article that says it's the best boardwalk (I drive through there in the off season and never saw a boardwalk) but they have cleaned it up with a nice sidewalk and I can't remember what else, but the general look is a definite improvement over the run down look of a few years ago. I wouldn't call Hampton a charming village though, lol.

For people who prefer gorgeous scenic beaches, there are some further up the coastline.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:47 AM

278 posts, read 656,404 times
Default You people don't know what you are talking about.

This thread is a lie.

Hampton Beach, NH, Named Best Beach Boardwalk in America - Coastal Living

Old 06-14-2017, 11:51 AM

613 posts, read 945,194 times
All of the hating on Portsmouth & Newburyport on this thread--yeah, they are both so horrible! Lots of good restaurants, beautiful historic N.E. Seacoast towns, yech, who needs that?!

And Hampton Beach--I've been there dozens of times. I live close enough so that I can drive there a few times a year, & go for a walk, or jog, along the seawall or on the beach. Usually in the mornings. Most of the people seem like locals, maybe (?). Just mostly old & young people & families jogging or enjoying the beach. I don't see all of the trashy behavior & tatoos that so many people are talking about here. And where all the gaudy T-shirt shops?

And yes, York Harbor beach is beautiful, & way less commercial. I just don't think that makes Hampton Beach, or the Cape, the horrible, terrible, places that some here are describing.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:22 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,545,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStubak View Post
I've lived in NH since I was four years old and I hate Hampton too. There is a difference between blue collar and trashy. From what I remember Hampton is trashy. I remember the seafood festival years ago and after it was all over there was literally trash all over the streets at Hampton beach. HB wouldn't be so bad if NH coastline was a lot longer. But as it is we have a very small coastline and HB takes up valuable real estate.
Mmm your memory doesn't jibe with countless reviews that state otherwise, winning cleanest beach or in the top ten consistently. Guess you know better though

Old 06-15-2017, 08:08 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,100,582 times
OBX is the Outer Banks in North Carolina. And LBI is Long Beach Island in New Jersey.

Old 06-15-2017, 08:09 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riddei63 View Post
This came through my facebook feed the other day and this thread is the first thing I thought of.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStubak View Post
Well in another post I did say it's been 15-20 years since I've been to Hampton. Did you miss that one? The article was written this year so maybe things have changed a lot but I wouldn't know and I don't plan on finding out any time soon. There are way too many nice beaches and seacoast towns in Maine to waste my time hanging out in Hampton.
Maine has a great coastline but we can't always get to Maine as to wasting time, that is subjective, as in most things you get out of your time what you put into it, no matter where you are at the time

Old 06-15-2017, 10:06 AM

1,746 posts, read 880,455 times
Part of the problem with having more expensive, nicer stores is that they can't make it work financially. The season at Hampton Beach goes from Memorial Day until the weekend after Labor Day (Seafood Festival weekend). More expensive stuff means less sales and less money coming in to cover rent, employees, insurance, etc. A ride through that area in late October will show everything boarded up - even McDonalds.

As far as the lack of surf shop goes, there isn't one in that location because you can't surf there during the summer. The surf shop is further up at "The Wall" heading north on the Blvd. It's name is Cinnamon Rainbows and "The Wall" is one of the popular places to surf in Hampton. (See the surf cam for it here: Surf Cam | Cinnamon Rainbows Surf Co. )

There's another surf shop further north at Jenness Beach in Rye called Summer Sessions. Both places rent boards and suits, SUPs and sell clothes. They also do lessons and Summer Sessions does surf camps for kids. They also do a ladies night. You can see Summer Sessions surf cam at Summer Sesssion Surf Shop

As with most areas, Hampton Beach ebbs and tides. When I was in my teens, I loved it. Now, not so much.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:45 PM

Nice day at the beach, unmolested by lowlifes and sexually l overcharged teens. Oh and please note the cleanliness

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire