Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 05:03 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times

Advertisements

Sandbar, MtnFlyer, and Comet - You guys are giving me a "swelled head"! Thank you all. DH and I both know what we have in each other and we make sure to tell each other every day and never take each other for granted.

Sandbar and MtnFlyer - When you decide when you're going to be in the area, let me know and if our scheules "mesh" we can have another "north country meet-up"!

We honestly love the area - it does have some problems, but what place doesn't? The main thing to remember, no matter where anyone decides to live, at least in my mind, is that you really "live" there, get to know people, the customs, etc. When we first moved here, we met a couple in Vermont just over the border from NH, who asked us if we lived here, or were we just living here.....at first, it took a minute to realize what they were asking.....It was an interesting question and when we actually understood it, we answered that we did, indeed, "live here."

Some come not only to this area, but just about anywhere in the state, looking for 'utopia' or looking for 'happiness' - they aren't going to find it. In my mind, anyway, you find that 'utopia and happiness' inside yourself first, then it radiates outward, for lack of better phrasing...I hope that makes some kind of sense - it's still early and I haven't had my morning caffeine yet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 07:31 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,661 times
It's a Dare 'love fest' in here!
Allow me to sing Dare's praises as well I would love to visit Littleton and Dare and her DH!!
And.....to me anytown, NH is utopia compared w/NY, FL & CA!!! And the wealthiest 'residents' here don't bug me at all - if they are only here seasonally but own (and preserve)land privately, they are ok in my book.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:53 AM

274 posts, read 952,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
The main thing to remember, no matter where anyone decides to live, at least in my mind, is that you really "live" there, get to know people, the customs, etc.
I don't know if any of you were fans of the TV show Northern Exposure, but I loved it. I also loved the commentaries for lack of a better word from Chris, the local DJ. Your comment above reminded me of one of his statements that stuck with me from years ago. He said:

"The way I see it, if you're here for four more years or four more weeks, you're here right now. I think when you're somewhere, you ought to be there because it's not about how long you stay in a place, it's about what you do while you're there. And when you go, is that place any better for your having been there."

Old 01-13-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Allow me to sing Dare's praises as well I would love to visit Littleton and Dare and her DH!!
And.....to me anytown, NH is utopia compared w/NY, FL & CA!!! And the wealthiest 'residents' here don't bug me at all - if they are only here seasonally but own (and preserve)land privately, they are ok in my book.
Thank you Lisa - you and your family should come on up!

Old 01-13-2009, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnFlyer View Post
I don't know if any of you were fans of the TV show Northern Exposure, but I loved it. I also loved the commentaries for lack of a better word from Chris, the local DJ. Your comment above reminded me of one of his statements that stuck with me from years ago. He said:

"The way I see it, if you're here for four more years or four more weeks, you're here right now. I think when you're somewhere, you ought to be there because it's not about how long you stay in a place, it's about what you do while you're there. And when you go, is that place any better for your having been there."
MtnFlyer - I was a big fan of Northern Exposure, especially Chris' character! That quote pretty much sums it all up.....

Old 01-13-2009, 08:24 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,452,661 times
Yes!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:06 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,973 times
Smile Northern Exposure

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
MtnFlyer - I was a big fan of Northern Exposure, especially Chris' character! That quote pretty much sums it all up.....
I loved that show! Didn't the narrator turn up in Sex in the City? and My Big Fat Greek Wedding?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:07 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
I want to play keyboards while DH plays his banjo!

I hear DH is quite the musician too!

Old 01-13-2009, 09:13 AM

274 posts, read 952,565 times
I'll play drums.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
I loved that show! Didn't the narrator turn up in Sex in the City? and My Big Fat Greek Wedding?
Yep, at least Sex in the City - he was Carrie's love interest at one point.....but then, who wasn't someone's love interest at some point!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire