Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2006, 12:23 PM

66 posts, read 298,069 times

Advertisements

Does anybody know anything about Bishop Guertin High School in Nashua? If you do could you please post about it. We are considering it for our daughter to transfer into from another Catholic high school when we relocate to NH. Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 5,730 times
Default bishop guertin

my daughter is a sophomore and absolutely loves it. i will admit, it is very hard, but they are preparing these kids for college life. there is a 98% rate for the grads to go onto higher education. The one thing i do not like about the school is the age and experience of some of the teachers. the tuition is very close to 10,000.00 and i feel that a little bit more experience can justify that tuition. There also had been some bad press about the brothers and all the molestation thing, but it is a thing of the past. These teachers only have to have a certificate to teach which doesn't sit right with me, but the success rate is great at the school so i guess they are doing something right.
take care and good luck

Old 01-16-2007, 08:57 AM

23 posts, read 93,566 times
I have friends whos kids go to BG and they love it. The success rate is phenominal. Here is their website for more info.
http://www.bghs.org/

Old 01-22-2007, 02:23 PM

32 posts, read 131,759 times
They have a great track and field program, but that's about the extent of my knowledge about the school.

They were our rivals for the Class L title every year when I was in school.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:29 PM

1 posts, read 5,307 times
I'm currently at student at Bishop Guertin, and I'm in my junior year. From a strictly educational perspective, the school is phenomenal. I know, like many of my peers, that I'm an individual who excels when I'm challenged. Sufficed to say, there's no shortage of academic rigor in the various BG curricula. I'm also an active participant in the football team and the mock trial group, each of which have one multiple state titles. Though easily one of the best schools in state from academic and interactive perspectives, Bishop Guertin actually is strongest in the aspect of community it has. I've found that, aside from the odd kid who's having a bad day, the majority of people in the building are upbeat and positive, despite the tiring homework!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire