Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 06:50 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,715 times

Advertisements

Data skewing.. Doing their part to keep the false fear alive

New York City’s coronavirus death toll soared past 10,000 after officials added more than 3,700 people who had never tested positive for the virus but were presumed to have died of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2020, 07:02 AM

One last thing folks and this is the most important one.

Unless you are TOTALLY self sustaining

Unless you can get by with NO contact from another human, meaning NO other human has handled ANYTHING you have or will come in contact with, whether it be your food, your coffee, the things that went into making your food, your coffee, your cars fuel, etc etc etc you are LYING to yourself if you think you are safe.. but please. by all means continue to live in the manufactured fear you have imprisoned yourself with.

Old 04-19-2020, 07:16 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
and you are promoting being self centered, and illogical fear. and hatred.....interesting, I guess that is what humanism is these days
Being a humanist is not counting on a deity to make things better. It's about self-reliance. So yes, doing this pandemic, I am going to practice self-reliance and not counting on government to do all the work to support me.

Otherwise, closing NH campgrounds is the smart thing to do since they are mostly frequented by out-of-staters. And why put NH and also those who run and maintain our campgrounds at added risk for exposure to the virus? And those out-of-staters would also be mingling with NH residents when they go out and shop for their food and beverage needs.

And I am not fearful of COVID-19, but I respect that it is highly contagious and might kill those who have underlying medical conditions and also the elderly. Again, it's a new viral threat and there is no sure treatment for it or a vaccine. Our hospitals just can't handle more patients needing ICU care. A good number of nursing homes have been affected, with many elderly residents dying, including a VA rest home in MA. Being on a temporary lockdown is important and won't be forever.

YOU are the most selfish one as you complain about insignificant campground closures. Especially since early spring is a slow time for those areas. And anyway, why would you want to enable out-of-state people to stay at our campgrounds?

Old 04-19-2020, 07:30 AM

https://alphanewsmn.com/senator-minn...d-death-count/

keep believing the lies
keep living in fear
keep on doing what we tell you

Old 04-19-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Being a humanist is not counting on a deity to make things better. It's about self-reliance. So yes, doing this pandemic, I am going to practice self-reliance and not counting on government to do all the work to support me.

Otherwise, closing NH campgrounds is the smart thing to do since they are mostly frequented by out-of-staters. And why put NH and also those who run and maintain our campgrounds at added risk for exposure to the virus? And those out-of-staters would also be mingling with NH residents when they go out and shop for their food and beverage needs.

And I am not fearful of COVID-19, but I respect that it is highly contagious and might kill those who have underlying medical conditions and also the elderly. Again, it's a new viral threat and there is no sure treatment for it or a vaccine. Our hospitals just can't handle more patients needing ICU care. A good number of nursing homes have been affected, with many elderly residents dying, including a VA rest home in MA. Being on a temporary lockdown is important and won't be forever.

YOU are the most selfish one as you complain about insignificant campground closures. Especially since early spring is a slow time for those areas. And anyway, why would you want to enable out-of-state people to stay at our campgrounds?
No dear, being a humanist apparently means living in fear and hypocrisy, throwing your neighbors under the bus in the name of self preservation and indeed obey and relying on government. and false hype

Old 04-19-2020, 07:34 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,490,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear99 View Post
wow. some people really know how to display their ignorance. I might have been shocked by this ignorance a few months ago, but no longer. It's just too widespread, even at the top levels of our country.

As a person who was originally trained as a virologist (no kidding) and spent a career in biomedical research and technology development, I can speak with some knowledge that Covid is different from flu and from AIDS. Flu, even 1918 flu, never hit everyone. Lots of seniors had partial to full immunity in 1918. AIDS? You must be kidding to make even a hint of comparison, given its completely different epidemiology.

I generally stay out of biomedical discussions because knowledge is threatening to some people, and heck, I'm just another dog on the internet. But some comments are just too much.

At least it's easy to spot the same right wing talking points: "personal rights", "wuhan virus", "chinese virus" and such. No surprise where these memes came from.
The amount of stupidity in this thread is staggering. It makes me almost embarrassed to be from New Hampshire.

Governor Sununu is one of the few intelligent and sane Republican governors left. He's doing the smart and right thing, regardless of what the nuts on Fox News and this thread have been parroting.

Old 04-19-2020, 07:34 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,197,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
What I love most about this pic is it is a slap in the face to those self centered folks that are now screaming SAFETY SAFETY. That we MUST remain locked down to protect others and that is selfish not to do so because other lives ( theirs ) matter. Yet these same folks have no problem with My Body My Choice, as long as they cannot see the bodies of the millions of children who are murdered by they "choice" every year.. hypocrisy thy name is liberalism.

Approx. (I've been told) NINE MILLION NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND in the first 3 months of 2020 worldwide.

Old 04-19-2020, 07:43 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
Well if you're that bored, you could invite a group of like minded friends over for a party. Hopefully you'll all survive, but if not, don't expect much sympathy.

Old 04-19-2020, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
Well if you're that bored, you could invite a group of like minded friends over for a party. Hopefully you'll all survive, but if not, don't expect much sympathy.
They would certainly qualify for the 2020 Darwin Awards.

Old 04-19-2020, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
Approx. (I've been told) NINE MILLION NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND in the first 3 months of 2020 worldwide.
Credible source? Or are you just pulling a random number that sounds good out of thin air?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire