Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2021, 12:20 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times

Advertisements

These high real estate prices will persist until the Federal Reserve stops shoving huge quantities of fiat money into the USA resulting in record low mortgage rates. The no goods in the US Congress suspended the debt ceiling until August 1 of this year. They haven't set a new one.

Here's a link to an exceptional NH house that hasn't sold and probably won't at the current asking price. Note to Mods: I don't own the house and have no friends or relatives who do own it. I am not a real estate agent or have friends who are. I won't profit from the sale of this house. Just want to inform this forum of what's not selling.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...92836902_zpid/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 12:39 PM

13 posts, read 16,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
These high real estate prices will persist until the Federal Reserve stops shoving huge quantities of fiat money into the USA resulting in record low mortgage rates. The no goods in the US Congress suspended the debt ceiling until August 1 of this year. They haven't set a new one.

Here's a link to an exceptional NH house that hasn't sold and probably won't at the current asking price. Note to Mods: I don't own the house and have no friends or relatives who do own it. I am not a real estate agent or have friends who are. I won't profit from the sale of this house. Just want to inform this forum of what's not selling.

Did you see the property tax bill? $46K!!! More power to those who can afford that.

Old 08-16-2021, 02:33 PM
KCZ

4,662 posts, read 3,658,309 times
Quote:

Exceptional? I'd call it hideous. What a waste of a great location to put a monstrosity like that on it.

Old 08-16-2021, 02:45 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Exceptional? I'd call it hideous. What a waste of a great location to put a monstrosity like that on it.

The house was built 60 years ago when bold architecture was the rage. Also the property contains 90 acres, which could be divided up and sold off (if allowed). The R.E. tax is the big killer.

Reminds me of Bob Bahre's monster mansion on Lake Winni, which was originally listed for $49 million and came with a $254,000 yearly property tax bill. It finally sold for $5.6 million.

New Hampshire needs to rethink the income tax.

Old 08-16-2021, 03:03 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,624,140 times
Quote:
The house was built 60 years ago when bold architecture was the rage. Also the property contains 90 acres, which could be divided up and sold off (if allowed). The R.E. tax is the big killer.

Reminds me of Bob Bahre's monster mansion on Lake Winni, which was originally listed for $49 million and came with a $254,000 yearly property tax bill. It finally sold for $5.6 million.

New Hampshire needs to rethink the income tax.
NH needs to consider the wonders an income tax did for Connecticut. An income tax will bring that reality to NH.

Someone who can afford $50million for a house won't blink at $254k for property tax.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:18 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
It’s a Cold War Era relic, with none of the mid-century modern exterior niceties found on many other high end properties from the same time period.

Old 08-16-2021, 08:38 PM
KCZ

4,662 posts, read 3,658,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
It’s a Cold War Era relic, with none of the mid-century modern exterior niceties found on many other high end properties from the same time period.

I actually found the interior to be far more egregious than the exterior.

Old 08-17-2021, 05:13 AM

1,093 posts, read 1,055,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhpa View Post
NH needs to consider the wonders an income tax did for Connecticut. An income tax will bring that reality to NH.

Someone who can afford $50million for a house won't blink at $254k for property tax.

This. Heck, we just got rid of one type of income tax, we really don't need to allow the tax monster back again. Once it gets its nose in, there is no stopping it from destroying the state(like CT).

For the owner's of that house on Zillow, that $46K bill was probably just a few cashed matured savings bonds and maybe some of the quarterly distributions of some old stock holdings. It is pretty much nothing for someone who can already afford to own/maintain a 9.5K square foot house on 95 acres.

RE the aesthetics of the thing. While I don't think it is "hideous", it definitely isn't my style. Obviously a dated design.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:15 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_monster View Post
Did you see the property tax bill? $46K!!! More power to those who can afford that.

46k is 2.5% of the assessed value. Mine is about 2%.

Old 08-17-2021, 10:25 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
46k is 2.5% of the assessed value. Mine is about 2%.
Another reason why Lakes Region towns have extremely hot housing markets given increasing numbers of people going to a work from home model on a permanent basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire