Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 05:28 PM

1,093 posts, read 1,060,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post

NH taxpayers would then have to pay for Hindu schools, Sikhs schools, Buddist schools, Muslim schools, Jains schools, and of course, our favorites - Christian schools. The kids need more Jesus! And the NH taxpayers should be paying more for Jesus.

and we would have to build at least one or two of each per county so as to serve the population
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2021, 05:22 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,837 times
The Republicans on the Executive Council really must want to hand power over to the Dems. They are acting like Republicans from a deep red-state without stopping to realize that NH hasn't voted Republican for President in 20 years.

Old 10-18-2021, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
The Republicans on the Executive Council really must want to hand power over to the Dems. They are acting like Republicans from a deep red-state without stopping to realize that NH hasn't voted Republican for President in 20 years.

Some of these people aren't great about thinking about the future or thinking about the second/third order effects of their actions.

Old 10-21-2021, 11:08 AM

4,569 posts, read 5,676,571 times
To the extent that the grant would come with unusual strings attached, I agree with giving it a hard pass.

But I've also been told that the exact same language was found in other grants, ones which the EC has approved. So if that is true, we've gained nothing and lost $27MM?

Old 10-22-2021, 05:35 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abnfdc View Post
It isn't an anti vax stance. At all. It is refusing to sell the state to the feds for a mere 27million. The EC went with the stance that "words mean things" and are protecting the state.

While I agree in part with Sununu's assessment that the language was "boilerplate", to outright dismiss it is foolish. The AG's assessment is neat and all that, but the feds put that language in there for a reason. The EC doesn't want the state to find out what that reason is the hard way.

Despite the screeching from Sununu and the other usual suspects, this in no way harms the vaccination effort in NH. You can't throw a pebble without hitting an available vaccine.

This was wasted money to begin with. When are folks going to learn that the more you try to "educate" those who have not been vaccinated for whatever real or imagined reason, the more they will dig their heels in. The anti vax crowd has been called stupid and harassed so much, that they will proudly take that anti vax status to the grave. Should have spent the money on bridge repair or something useful.
Sununu keeps proving over and over again that he needs to be primaried.

Old 10-22-2021, 08:22 AM

Unhappy Everybody (either party has) put up against him has been a loser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Heck, he needs a good primary challenger just to keep him on his toes. So far, everybody (either party has) put up against him has been a loser.

In the last primary, Karen Testerman got less than 10% of the GOP votes, and "Nobody" harvested ~1%.

Old 10-22-2021, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post

But I've also been told that the exact same language was found in other grants, ones which the EC has approved. So if that is true, we've gained nothing and lost $27MM?

Underlined: None of that would surprise me. And if so, your second sentence is spot on.

but wait-fear not, we just picked up the sad trombone consolation prize of $4.7 mil

Screenshot only due to paywall

Old 10-22-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
Heck, he needs a good primary challenger just to keep him on his toes. So far, everybody (either party has) put up against him has been a loser.

In the last primary, Karen Testerman got less than 10% of the GOP votes, and "Nobody" harvested ~1%.

Testerman needs to go away. Her only purpose in life seems to be distraction.

I would love to see some viable candidates come out. Not only for governor, but also for the national seats.

Old 10-22-2021, 12:40 PM

Wink Senator Sununu -- not just because that title was once held by his brother

Quote:
Testerman needs to go away. Her only purpose in life seems to be distraction.

I would love to see some viable candidates come out. Not only for governor, but also for the national seats.
I almost don't want to see Chris win the senate race next year because of the schadenfreude of his deposing Shaheen in 2024.

OTOH, the sooner Sununu leaves Concord, the sooner we can see a real republican governor.

Old 10-22-2021, 02:53 PM

9,889 posts, read 7,223,915 times
Quote:
Underlined: None of that would surprise me. And if so, your second sentence is spot on.

but wait-fear not, we just picked up the sad trombone consolation prize of $4.7 mil

Screenshot only due to paywall

I'm guessing that there wasn't a huge protest at the meeting to discuss it so it wasn't as high profile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire