Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2008, 04:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,241 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am moving back to NH from Florida. I have previously lived in Londonderry, but I am thinking about moving to Manchester as there are several rentals available for decent prices. What is considered the best part of Manchester? I get confused by the whole west side east side thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 05:17 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,947,733 times
Any side except the middle of the city is good. The North End has the nice tree-lined streets, various single-family home styles that date back several decades--lots of capes, bungalows, victorians, etc. The West End has smaller lots, more businesses, more rentals available, condos, etc. South Side and East side are much less talked about, but if you're looking for a rental, your best bet would be to look for condos--plenty of them!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:35 AM

4 posts, read 10,732 times
Default Hi ValerieC

What streets form the square that you would consider "Middle of the city"

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Any side except the middle of the city is good. The North End has the nice tree-lined streets, various single-family home styles that date back several decades--lots of capes, bungalows, victorians, etc. The West End has smaller lots, more businesses, more rentals available, condos, etc. South Side and East side are much less talked about, but if you're looking for a rental, your best bet would be to look for condos--plenty of them!

Old 07-01-2008, 02:33 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,851 times
middle of the city:

north - bridge st.
south - valley st.
west - chestnut st./elm st.
east - lincoln st.

that should zero it in a bit for you - pretty much defined as the area around Central high school.

Old 07-02-2008, 03:12 PM

179 posts, read 436,047 times
We are renting a house in North Manchester off of Wellington Rd. It seems to be a nice, quiet, safe neighborhood with a mixture of single homes, condos and apartments. We needed some place that would have 3 bedrooms, accept large dogs and a short term lease. I had my choice of 2, so if you have anything other than cats, or want something for less than a year, you need to start looking as soon as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire