Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 12:36 PM

143 posts, read 174,611 times

Advertisements

I was just wondering what ppl think of Laconia. I grew up in Belmont and Laconia and haven't seen any posts about these particular towns. I was just curious about what others think of these particular towns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 4,441 times
i've been there in 2004 and i had great time there...around the lake....

Old 01-14-2007, 01:27 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,476,397 times
Honestly I think Bike week. But you never hear of it I think Due to most Not having alot of knowledge about it. So post about the towns. PPL read and learn that's why they come here.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:46 AM

23 posts, read 93,594 times
I absolutely LOVE the Lakes Region. I think mainly because I love the water...lol. We use to have a summer cottage on Newfound Lake when I was young. I would love to live up near Meredith but it is too expensive and we cant afford to live there. And who can forget Bike Week in Laconia?

Old 01-22-2007, 01:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,034 times
I do not like Laconia at all. However, Meredith and Center Harbor are very nice.

Old 01-26-2007, 03:40 PM

11 posts, read 24,181 times
The Lakes Region is a wonderful place to have a condo, second home, or to retire. I'm not sure I'd recommend it as a place to work and raise kids. The exception would be if you happen to find a good job and do some research on the schools. Regarding kids, I've seen a problem with 'bored teens' up there, as the region doesn't really offer much for young adults.

I'm guessing that tourism is the top employer up there, so be prepared to face the challenges that may come with that. I wouldn't recommend commuting any further than Concord for work, as I-93 is still a small highway can be a bit crowded on holiday weekends.

Otherwise, it's a beautiful area with friendly people and reasonable cost-of-living (depending upon township). Challenges include over development of the waterfront and employment in Laconia. 'Poverty' might be too a strong word to use, but there really doesn't appear to be much industry up in the Laconia area to support a thriving population, beyond hospitality and service-related business.

If you want some more info from locals and seasonal residents, check out winnipesaukee.com Good luck!

Old 01-26-2007, 03:49 PM

1 posts, read 4,436 times
Great to visit, but you WOULDNT want to live there. I lived there every summe rsince I was a baby, and I moved there perm after high school. Stayed for about four years and got out. Its a dead end area. NOTHING going on in the winter and early spring, kids activities are drinking and smoking pot, well a good majority.
I wouldnt live there ever again, but the lake is nice, and some of the sites.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:27 PM

21 posts, read 85,606 times
Default Laconia,NH

Read my reply dated 2-24-07- IKUOUT

Old 12-26-2009, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,917 times
Beautiful place to visit terrible place to live. No jobs dying economy, heathcare system is a complete joke,it costs a small fortune for everything and you have to drive at least 45mins to buy it. The tourists are a pain and the locals all have a chip on their shoulders. Finally thanks to bored local syndrom everyone knows what color your underware is before you even finish putting them on in the morning.finally there is no kind of decent delivery. There you have it lakes region living in a nut shell. Run don't walk in the opposite direction.

Old 09-13-2014, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,278 times
Thumbs down Negativity

It is easy to be negative. Posts like this can not be taken seriously because one person had a bad experience. I would like to know from other Residence that have lived there, and also some others who enjoy peak seasons and also the quiet living when they are gone. Seems like a quick trip to the North and there are stores where things are very inexpensive, and also, you do not have to pay State Tax or Income Tax, so, say, coming from Vermont over there, you would see a large drop in Taxation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire