Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 08:43 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post

njguy, thank you for the kind words. Um as far as for the Moderating goes...I will be able to pop in. I wont abandon you guys, I promise!! For the times I cant be there, vter will gladly take over, haha. I know you ALL will behave for him too...LOL.

vter, are you sure you want to watch over this motley crew?? Haha. They are the best people!! Although you might have to watch out for JFR, Wanna, and Dare, hahaha, they are the trouble makers on the forum.

Suzet - LOL!! You know I was kidding around about the moderating while on your trip right? As much as we would want to know how your trip is going, I at least wouldn't want you to lose precious NH visit time to post here. I could wait till you got back in CA - if you ever leave NH after arriving that is. I'm very happy for your upcoming trip.

vter - As Suzet mentioned the NH forum is a Motley Crew alright with a lot of Love to go around - just really a GREAT bunch of people and you should have no problems unless you want a "challenge" and I'll make trouble - lol! Don't forget to get used to countylv22 posts filled with smiles and love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 09:38 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,263,765 times
Suz-I know your VT portion takes you through Bennington - I'd be happy to give you some ideas as to what to do/see down that way as I'm pretty familiar with the area.
In Portsmouth, be sure to go have a beer at the Portsmouth Brewery-yum! Check out the Wentworth in NewCastle. Take a day trip up to Ogunquit or Kennebunkport ME. Visit Durham and the University of New Hampshire. If you need pointers for the North Shore of Mass I can help with that too.
You'll have a great time, and don't worry, I think I can handle the derilicts on this board

Old 08-30-2008, 12:59 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Being in Portsmouth your just down the road from Bill Fosters Downest Clambake. I know it's actually in Maine but it will be New England seafood at it's best. Don't forget the Muddy River Smokehouse in Portsmouth . Awsome BBQ. I hope you have a great trip and enjoy your time in N.H.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:28 PM

117 posts, read 424,968 times
Enjoy your trip and let me know if you need Monadnock Region tips! It will be stunning at that time of year!! (Just when CA is starting to end its dry spell!!)

Old 08-30-2008, 07:52 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vter View Post
don't worry, I think I can handle the derilicts on this board
ohboy!ohboy!ohboy!http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/3.gif (broken link) http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/10.gif (broken link) http://bestsmileys.com/bouncing/9.gif (broken link): )

http://bestsmileys.com/angles/5.gif (broken link)
http://bestsmileys.com/angles/18.gif (broken link)

Old 08-31-2008, 09:54 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Verseau, I havent really planned out our driving route yet, lol. I was going to use Yahoo map for all our routes, and start to plan them out in a few days. We are driving to Salem, Ma after our stay in New Castle. So the route you told me sounds wonderful. Thank you for that.

Dare I am going to hire you for my own personal panic guru, lol. I think I am actually going to do what you suggest. I really love the idea. I can put the board next to my bed and look at it everynight. Thank you for the idea

Wanna, will you think less of me, if I tell you that video brought tears to my eyes?? Lol. What a catchy tune. The video was just beautiful. I love covered bridges. I will be so happy when I see my first one in person. Thank you for posting the video for me.

Val, we are leaving Los Angeles, arriving in Chicago, then in Albany, on the Southwest Chief. Albany is where we are getting our rental car. Then we are off to Bennington. When we leave, it will be from Boston, to Albany, to Chicago, to Los Angeles. It will be cool as we will see so much of the country. Although, I actually started to get anxious today though thinking about being on the train for 2 1/2 days, sigh, I am going to have to get that poster board up soon. Thank you so much for the Fall Foliage Reports. From what Pollys said, we might miss the foliage there. How far is Pollys from New Castle? Like I said, I havent had a chance to map out everything. So I am not that versed on locations in NH. I know Vermont better.

Jthibodeau, thank you for the open arms..lol. I swear you folks are so much more caring and just over all nicer than the people I know out here in plastic So Cali.

Njguy, I knew you were kidding..lol. But I do plan on popping in as my trip is going to let you all know how and what we are doing. I have already told DH that I know I wont want to get back on the train to go home. He is going to have to carry me on the train.

vter, we are going to be staying at the Four Chimneys Inn. It looks so pretty from what I can see of it. The first night we get there, we are going to Wilmington, to the Adams Family Farm for the Corn Maze and the HayRide/Halloween Bonfire. I also wanted to pay a visit to the Apple Barn, see the Bennington Monument, and check out the homes there. Oh and my daughter wants to go check out Bennington College, as she thinks she wants to attend school there. Then we want to head up to Manchester and check out the outlet stores and see what Manchester is all about. Maybe go to Bromley Park and ride on the ski lift half way up the mountain, and then there is the Equinox drive..if there is anything else you can suggest from Manchester down to Bennington that would be wonderful.

Oh and please dont forget to treat my "family" good here. These people here on this forum, are special to me.

Ken it sounds so funny to drive just a bit and be in another state. Here in So Cali just to get to San Francisco is a 6 1/2 hour drive. My daughter is looking forward to some King Crab Legs or Lobster, and I love BBQ, so we might have to check out both places.

Rexicana I will let you know if I need any tips. Thank you for offering your help. Oh, I did hear of a Haunted Graveyard in Keene. Would you know anything about that, or where it is located?

Old 08-31-2008, 10:01 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
Suzette, no I don't think any less of you! I love that song also, and sometimes it makes me homesick. I thought whoever made the video did a lovely job. I'm glad you liked it.

don't worry, I'll try to behave while you're traveling (can't vouch for JF or Dare, though http://bestsmileys.com/lol/2.gif (broken link) http://bestsmileys.com/lol/10.gif (broken link) http://bestsmileys.com/lol/16.gif (broken link))

Old 08-31-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
Suzette, no I don't think any less of you! I love that song also, and sometimes it makes me homesick. I thought whoever made the video did a lovely job. I'm glad you liked it.

don't worry, I'll try to behave while you're traveling (can't vouch for JF or Dare, though )
Haha, yeah sure you'll behave. Vter will be texting me left and right, "do you know what they are doing now on that forum"?? Lmao.

I am going to play that video again for my family right now.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:19 AM

2,257 posts, read 8,168,736 times
Suzet, just so you know, Polly's Pancake Parlor is way up in Sugar Hill, in the White Mountains (about 2.5 hours from the coast), which is why the foliage there peaks earlier. The foliage at the coast usually hits peak a few weeks later.

I don't know if you'll have the time to make a detour up to the mountains, but at any rate you can live vicariously through the photos I take when I go home for Columbus Day weekend.

Old 09-01-2008, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verseau View Post
Suzet, just so you know, Polly's Pancake Parlor is way up in Sugar Hill, in the White Mountains (about 2.5 hours from the coast), which is why the foliage there peaks earlier. The foliage at the coast usually hits peak a few weeks later.

I don't know if you'll have the time to make a detour up to the mountains, but at any rate you can live vicariously through the photos I take when I go home for Columbus Day weekend.

I agree with you. I will just have to look at your pics. I think that might be a bit too far for us this trip. So now I need to find a new place for us to have breakfast.

I have to admitt, I am not that familar with the layout of NH. I spent 2 years researching Vermont. I was so sure we would end up there. But then someone had to tell me about NH. Keene is what I started to look up, as they said it would be a good fit for my family and myself. But then I got so busy moderating, I havent done my fair share of researching the state. I figured I will just get out there and see what I see. That is also why I was asking for ideas on what to do while in NH. I would love to go to Harts Turkey Farm. I know that is in Meredith or by Meredith, but dont know how far it is from New Castle. I guess I really should get up on my research as far as locations an how far from here to there. I guess I should know it like I know Vermont.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire