Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 10:00 AM

44 posts, read 113,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
the lines during lunch and dinner time at every Olive Garden are always out the door. I wonder why because the food and service are not all that great.
That seems to be one of the constants of the universe. OG isn't bad, but it isn't great either, yet there is ALWAYS a wait to get in there, no matter where you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 02:01 PM

758 posts, read 2,889,132 times
Quote:
That seems to be one of the constants of the universe. OG isn't bad, but it isn't great either, yet there is ALWAYS a wait to get in there, no matter where you are.
That's because people, for some strange reason, absolutely love chain restaurants. Local is almost ALWAYS better and much less corny (I will never be able to make myself walk into an applebees or Fridays ever again).

So there is one other great thing about NH.....a great selection of local restaurants and few 10,000 acres of asphault mega shopping complexes with the same old boring and bland restaurants.

Old 12-05-2009, 04:08 PM

6 posts, read 11,375 times
I am a old New Englander, my family settled here in the late 1600's. This used to be a much better place to live . The taxes were much lower and the housing was more reasonable. People could find work. People from the cities started comming in the sixties. A New York couple bought my grandparent's farm and did some tricky things with the contract and hurt my grandfather greatly. He built another house up the road on abutting property and they harrased him until he had a heart attack from the stress. These type of people bough the properties and have gotten into our town goverment. It is much like Mass. Yes...people from Mass. have trilers that they put their snow mobiles on and drive up here. They also have second homes here. I am a nurse and I have cared for many elderly old people who have fallen on the ice and broke their hips or who have head injuries. The mortality rate for a fractured hip is 50 percent death with in two years. many end up dying in a nursing home. The lack of street lamps is on main roads . It can be difficult and unsafe if you need to change a tire. Most cell services don't work in mountainous regions so you can't always call AAA. Had to walk 3 miles for help at 1100 at night on a back road. I prayed a lot. No one would stop to help. Oh people voice thier opinions about religion and faith. Many of the younger people are athiest . I am moving from here when I can. One of my reletives just sold thier farm beacause the taxes were 20,000 a year and they could not afford it. They owned the farm, it was thier dad's and it was his dad's before him. Now they live in a lousy trailer. I am moving to a place where the taxes are low and I am buying a farm there. I will be changing familiy history. Thank you for listening to my rant. If your a New Yorker or a rich person from Mass...you can have this place.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:01 AM

10 posts, read 36,074 times
I thought NH was the best. I lived in Bucks County,Pennsylvania; Fayetteville, Arkansas; Houston, Texas; and now Saudi Arabia. I'm too old to be a citizen of New Zealand, but visited there twice and even that has bad points and is going downhill.
Where in the USA can you live that's perfect these days? The short answer is no place.
Unless you have a time machine...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire