Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 4,748 times

Advertisements

My friends and I are looking for a fun area in NH to rent a condo/townhouse for NYE? We'd like to be near a ski mountain, but also near a fun bar/club to party on NYE. We are a crowd of 25-28 year olds from Boston & NYC looking to get out of the big city but still have a fun party on NYE...not looking for a resort type of environment where we'll be celebrating a "dinner" party with kids and families...

Any suggestions?? Every NYE party I find near a ski slope seems to have family oriented events - not that we need some fancy club because we're happy with a fun local bar (none of us are single so we don't care about that either) - just lookin' to have a good time in a fun town with options!

We're not total big city snobs, so a quaint fun town would be ideal!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 07:43 AM

758 posts, read 2,889,881 times
North Conway.... fun little downtown with a ski town feel in the winter, lots of restaurants and bars, and very close to wildcat, Brenton Woods, Attitash, Cranmore, and Black Mountain ski areas.

The other bet would probably be Lincoln, but it has less of a "Village" feel. Cannon and Loon are pretty close by.

Honestly, if you want the most nightlife along with great skiing you should probably head to Killington in VT though. It is always written up in national ski mags as for it's nightlife, and it's the biggest mountain in the east (for skiing).

Old 12-11-2008, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,162 times
Fishnfool,

I am also heading up to North Conway for NYE from Southeastern MA. Do you know of the names of any bars or places that will have music, food and drinks. I also fit the profile of Angelesta's thread that you responded to. I have checked big hotels like the White Mountain B+B in NC and hey have a big dinner planned but the band is a five piece that plays the blues, etc. Not really looking for that on NYE. I have checked Lincoln also and have been to the Woodstock Inn numerous times but it's sold out. I have also been to North Conway a bunch of times also but not on NYE so any help would be great. Thank You

Old 12-11-2008, 02:08 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,140,515 times
Waterville Valley has a great little bar on the road up to the mountain.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:12 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,140,515 times
T-bars...I knew I'd think of the name after I posted. Jack-O-Lantern also usually has music on NYE.

Don't go to Legends, bad food, rude bartenders, not a good place to bring a woman.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:28 PM

587 posts, read 1,625,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
Don't go to Legends, bad food, rude bartenders, not a good place to bring a woman.
Buck - your post made me smile. It's nice to see there are still some gentlemen out there!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:58 PM

758 posts, read 2,889,881 times
Not too sure on specific places. I stayed up there last xmas at a B&B. We just walked the streets and walked in places that looked good. I assume on NYE it will be a little too crowded to window shop much.

One place that is phenomenal to eat is Maestros. It's tucked back off 16 and small, but its some of the bets italian food I've ever eaten.....and I can usually take or leave italian. this wasn't plain old pasta and tomato sauce.

It's a bit of a drive from NC but if you can, stop inn and get a drink at the Mt. Washington Inn. There is a bar downstairs in the old wine cellar. VERY cool place....and it's supposed to be haunted. By far one of the coolest places in NE.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:57 AM

2,189 posts, read 7,703,105 times
A decade ago, I remember there use to be a bunch of places that use to do nighttime skiing...You could ski until 11:30, hit the lodge, celebrate new years and then go skiing at 12:15am...That was when the economy was good though, so no idea anyone still does that.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:27 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,853,327 times
The Red Parka in North Conway is always fun. Shannon Door, an Irish pub, in Jackson NH is fun as well.

Old 12-12-2008, 09:19 AM

25 posts, read 71,889 times
Delaney's and the White Horse Pub are my personal favorites and my crowd (22-26 year olds) usually frequents those two, but they're probably not what you're looking for, they have a small town bar atmosphere and not much dancing/music. The Red Parka might be up your alley, and they also built a new dance club up there that I had heard about, but I've never been and can't recall the name. North Conway is definitely where you want to be though, I myself wouldn't go anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire