Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 01:46 AM

23 posts, read 45,236 times

Advertisements

Could someone tell me what is the name of the telephone company in Littleton and what satellite company is available for internet and cable TV?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 04:32 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertariangirl1956 View Post
Could someone tell me what is the name of the telephone company in Littleton and what satellite company is available for internet and cable TV?
Hi libertariangirl - welcome! I believe the phone company is Verizon. The cable company is Time-Warner. We have our phone/internet/cable all through Time-Warner. I tried Vonage for phone, but it didn't work well for me. Fair Point is in the area now, also, (saw one of their trucks on our street yesterday) but I'm not sure what they offer. I believe Direct TV and Dish Network are also in the area....

Old 11-09-2008, 11:59 PM

Default Littleton, NH Utility Companies

Hi DareToDream,
Thank you for the info. Now I have a place to start.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Hi DareToDream,
Thank you for the info. Now I have a place to start.
You're welcome - if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I've lived in Littleton a little over 2 years and still learning about things, but pretty much know the "basics."

Old 11-11-2008, 05:17 AM

libertariangirl - I don't want you to think I'm igoring you - I tried to answer your DM, but you're set to not accept DM's....

Old 11-11-2008, 09:21 PM

Default I tried to answer your DM, but you're set to not accept DM's

Hi Dare,
I'm having a little trouble setting things up here. I have been registered for ever, but just started looking at things on this site. I think I am set up for DM's. Hope this gets to you. I enjoy reading your notes.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:46 PM

Hi Dare,
Are you able to respond to me yet?

Old 11-14-2008, 05:17 AM

libertariangirl1956 - I'm sorry I didn't try yesterday - I did send you one this morning that seems to have gone through

Regarding utilities, I *think* Verizon landlines were bought by Fair Point...at least I'm pretty sure that's what I heard on the radio, so when you're contacting companies, you may need to contact Fair Point for phone, not Verizon as I originally posted.

Verizon evidently sold their landline services, but bought at least one of the cell services in this area. Cell service can be spotty up here, if you use a cell phone a lot.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:43 AM

Hi Dare,
I contacted Fair Point, but I need an address first, so I contacted the Town Clerk for an address. We have property on Mann's Hill Road, but no electricity or phone. When we were out there 2 years ago, we found it quite a challenge with cell phones. Again, thank you for the info.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Hi Dare,
I contacted Fair Point, but I need an address first, so I contacted the Town Clerk for an address. We have property on Mann's Hill Road, but no electricity or phone. When we were out there 2 years ago, we found it quite a challenge with cell phones. Again, thank you for the info.
We'll be semi-neighbors when you move, then....we're not far from Mann's Hill Road

The cell phone service does seem to be getting better, at least in Littleton and the surrounding towns than it was when we first moved her in April of 2006, so there's hope!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire