Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:29 PM

407 posts, read 1,074,337 times

Advertisements

Your responses have been AWESOME!!! The more I think about it, the more I want to move to New Hampshire. What really drove it home was one of the responses speaking about how there is no separation of seasons and that things are just the same year around in Florida; ain't that the truth. Nothing to look foward to...boring!!! I miss the days growing up in Jersey and looking out the window first thing in the morning and seeing the new fallen snow...Amazing!!!! We'll just have to adjust and enjoy a new life in the Granite State. Thank you all again!!!! Stay warm!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 07:53 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,064,634 times
I grew up in NJ...Hunterdon county... NH strikes me as similar to that specific area of NJ. I really like having "everything"...

Old 12-05-2008, 07:58 AM

8,155 posts, read 20,999,179 times
If you want to not hate Winter...learn to enjoy it. Embrace it.

Learn to ski. Get a snow tube and find a favorite hill to sled down with the family...trust me, you'll be laughing and feeling better than you have in 10 years.

Something as simple as getting a nice hot cup of coffee, hopping in the 4x4 and driving around while the snow falls and all is "still" makes me smile. There is just something "other worldy" when you step out of the car after 6-8" fell and it's still coming down and all is so quiet and so peacefull. All you hear is the light rain of snowflakes and the crisp air...I used to looooong for that during my days South. Of course a few full throttle 4wd powerslides makes it "fun" too.

If you can, get a couple toys and head off into the trails. Once your a sledhead...forget it. Winter can't come soon enough. Most of us PINE for the snow to head out on the trails.

There is nothing like heading off on a nice groomed trail for 50 miles, stopping on a mountain top and looking around at God's country.

We are just talking about Winter now...

For what it's worth, I used to live in O-Town. Almost 5 years.

There are some things I sort of miss about Orlando, but not much.

Looking back it was a good thing to get out of the fishbowl and experience other life...but for me, New England living is really more fulfilling if you are willing to get out there and experience it. If you just want to stay in your house, mow your .13 acre lot, hit the malls and strip malls and don't want a lot of anything outside of "burb living"...a place like Orlando fits well IMO.

I personally like working around the yard, chopping wood, having a shed out back with the toys inside and just experiencing all that's here for the taking.

I would at least recommend having one parking spot inside a garage for the misses as it makes life a lot easier to just pull in and out in the bad weather. If you can do two, it makes it even better.

Don't worry about the kids...they will have more fun in Winter than you have time to stuff photo albums.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-05-2008 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 12-05-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnfool View Post
No disagreement there....if motorcycles were my hobby I'd want to go south too.
Whoa! Not me! I hated riding in the South. I wear leather head to toe and unless it's Winter you lose body fluid by the quart.

Sitting at a light with the sun bearing down I though I was going to pass out and fall over many times.

Riding through 90% humidity and 95* weather gives you a pretty gross feeling.

I prefer New England riding...plus the roads are far far far far far more interesting than a 6 lane blvd lined with tacky billboards and rusty steel buildings.

Yea I don't ride from Dec-March really but it makes the time I have to ride much more special...plus I got other toys to play with in the cold weather.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:34 AM

758 posts, read 2,888,561 times
alright then.....I think I'll just pass altogether on motorcycles then....

Old 12-05-2008, 11:56 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
Whoa! Not me! I hated riding in the South. I wear leather head to toe and unless it's Winter you lose body fluid by the quart.

Sitting at a light with the sun bearing down I though I was going to pass out and fall over many times.

Riding through 90% humidity and 95* weather gives you a pretty gross feeling.

I prefer New England riding...plus the roads are far far far far far more interesting than a 6 lane blvd lined with tacky billboards and rusty steel buildings.

Yea I don't ride from Dec-March really but it makes the time I have to ride much more special...plus I got other toys to play with in the cold weather.
Thats what the whole N.C., Tenn. area is for, to give people down here a decent place to ride to. We can make it up to N.C. in about 14 hrs. from here. Awsome riding up there. Nice country. I rode my whole life up in N.H. I know what you mean about N.E. riding. But to answer the origional question, Of course you should move to N.H.

Last edited by Ken E; 12-05-2008 at 01:11 PM..

Old 12-06-2008, 06:04 PM

6 posts, read 12,789 times
I feel your pain, I lived in Pt St Lucie, FL for 15 years and got the hell out. We moved to Weare and my children experienced their very first snow all 122 inches last year...

IT WAS THE BEST DECISION WE MADE!!! People here are so nice, there is great things to do. We absolutely love it. Not to mention the schools are 100% better than FL. Oh yeah, my child can go outside to play without fear of pediphiles in the neighborhood.

We have been in Weare for a year now, renting. We just found out that the owner of our house hasnt to pay the mortgage so we have just been informed we have to be out by Jan. 1. Keep in mind small town is fantastic, but when you are in a situation like ours there isnt alot of options to stay in town. We are devastated that we have to move out of Weare, but we just cant find a quality rental.....

Old 12-06-2008, 06:21 PM

407 posts, read 1,074,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana412 View Post
I feel your pain, I lived in Pt St Lucie, FL for 15 years and got the hell out. We moved to Weare and my children experienced their very first snow all 122 inches last year...

IT WAS THE BEST DECISION WE MADE!!! People here are so nice, there is great things to do. We absolutely love it. Not to mention the schools are 100% better than FL. Oh yeah, my child can go outside to play without fear of pediphiles in the neighborhood.

We have been in Weare for a year now, renting. We just found out that the owner of our house hasnt to pay the mortgage so we have just been informed we have to be out by Jan. 1. Keep in mind small town is fantastic, but when you are in a situation like ours there isnt alot of options to stay in town. We are devastated that we have to move out of Weare, but we just cant find a quality rental.....
It's too bad to see what Florida has become. I've been living in this state since 1973 and it has really gone downhill. BTW, I just check our Orlando weather forecast for the next 10 days....83 degrees on Wednesday; what a joke. We'll just have to be patient. Thanks for your response; hope things work out for you with your home search. Stay Warm.

Old 12-06-2008, 07:04 PM

I just realized I posted the wrong picture in my thread...sorry CaseyB!

Insert this just below "50 miles out on a snowmobile".

Old 12-07-2008, 06:47 AM

452 posts, read 1,732,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana412 View Post

And, I was about to give you the over due welcome to Weare when I read you needed to move. There are a few places for rent over on my side of Town. Take a drive. Maybe their not advertised in the paper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire