Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 05:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times

Advertisements

I bought a very used wagon from a snow birder. He had the windows tinted for Florida use. The lightly tinted windows are, like the car, getting old (film is peeling on back) and I have never had any problem registering, inspecting or driving the old beast.

OP - keep the rest areas open at least during high traffic times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 07:34 AM

223 posts, read 540,350 times
Of course the way to do it would be to lease them out to private companies to run!

Old 02-27-2009, 08:58 AM

14 posts, read 116,535 times
As economy moves, both New Hampshire and Vermont are selectively-closing rest stops along major highways such as on interstate 89 through both states. It seems to me that the people who make these decisions in both states need to communicate better with each other. When going south on 89 from Vermont to its end in New Hampshire, apparently there will be no rest stops open south of Williston, Vermont. That is a very long stretch of highway. If there is an urgent need for a rest room, unless a traveler gets off the interstate and is lucky to find such facilities, they will have a problem. There are no rest room facilities at or near many exits from interstate 89 in this stretch of highway. This does not bode well for tourists or someone not familiar with the area.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
This is just another example of brainless budget whacking. Keep them open for the benefit of the tourists (they should get something from their rooms and meals sales tax) and the natives.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:37 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,964 times
Heard on the radio this morning that the rest area here in Littleton will remain open......any others?

Old 04-04-2009, 04:08 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,345,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodguide View Post
As economy moves, both New Hampshire and Vermont are selectively-closing rest stops along major highways such as on interstate 89 through both states. It seems to me that the people who make these decisions in both states need to communicate better with each other. When going south on 89 from Vermont to its end in New Hampshire, apparently there will be no rest stops open south of Williston, Vermont. That is a very long stretch of highway. If there is an urgent need for a rest room, unless a traveler gets off the interstate and is lucky to find such facilities, they will have a problem. There are no rest room facilities at or near many exits from interstate 89 in this stretch of highway. This does not bode well for tourists or someone not familiar with the area.
The rest area on I89 just south of exit 10 is open. This is about the halfway point from Hanover to Concord.

North bound there is a rest area just before exit 13 at Grantham.

I haven't heard anything about them closing.

If they do, all of I89 in NH from Concord to Hanover is only an hour, hold it

Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 PM

26,411 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignhfamily View Post
The rest area on I89 just south of exit 10 is open. This is about the halfway point from Hanover to Concord.

North bound there is a rest area just before exit 13 at Grantham.

I haven't heard anything about them closing.

If they do, all of I89 in NH from Concord to Hanover is only an hour, hold it
I was out that way today on I-89 and saw some rather severe salt spray damage to some of the trees along that particular part of the interstate corridor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire