Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:25 PM

56 posts, read 203,220 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any first-hand knowledge or good websites with information on how sunny it would be up north, around the Littleton area? I see the chart mentioned here says Concord has 90 sunny days and a weather website I found shows Laconia even more sunny than that, but in all my research I cannot find anything specifically for Littleton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 05:13 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
We lived near Littleton for a while. Winters are mostly cloudy with a few spectacular sunny days and most summer days start clear and become partly cloudy in the afternoon. New England is not San Diego and the weather patterns are completely different. We have more variability in any day than San Diego gets in months. The advantage of our rapidly changing weather is simply wait a while and it will be different.

BTW - we have lots of precipatation in the form of Frozen water called snow. Sometimes it is like living in a non alcoholic Daquri. SD does, IIRC, not.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:06 AM

56 posts, read 203,220 times
I appreciate the info. Greg! I have been reading that Vermont seems to be extremely cloudy and Maine is quite sunny near the coast by Portland and then gets less sun as you go inland. I was wondering how New Hampshire fits in between! Do you feel that Central NH and then the coastal areas are much clearer/sunnier than up in Littleton or does NH just have, as you described, an overall changing weather pattern throughout the state?
I didn't expect any extremes in the amount of sun in NH like sunny CA , nor a corner of the state to be extremely cloudy/rainy like Seattle! And from your description it sounds like there is a healthy combo of sun/clouds!

Old 03-04-2012, 12:14 PM

1 posts, read 3,216 times
I live in Edwards, CO
and want to retire in New England - where did you move to?

Old 03-04-2012, 12:29 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne1 View Post
I live in Edwards, CO
and want to retire in New England - where did you move to?

What type of amenities are you looking for? Location? The lowest property tax towns in NH are in the Lakes Region. I would start looking there.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,467 times
Default I Need Sunshine & The East Coast

I too, moved to San Diego nearly 10 years ago. Talk about sunshine ... yes! Six yaers ago, I moved up in the hills west of Temecula, CA. Love it up here except for the dust due to being very dry & windy. I transplanted from Rochester, NY where it seemed that cloudy overcast days were more prevalent. What I miss about the east is the topography, the trees, the black organic soil, the autumns and of course, my family & grand children. What I don't like are the constant days of depression from the lack of sun. I want to move back soon, but I'm hesitant. Can anyone tell me if it any sunnier near the finger lakes area or even further south?

Sunshine is a definite anti-depressant.

Old 05-23-2015, 02:39 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
Generally if you live far enough away from the Great Lakes or the Atlantic Ocean you will have more sunny days. The famous Lake Effect that can bring feet of snow also brings clouds and rain. I am not certain but I would think the southern Finger Lakes would be far more sunny than Rochester.

I suggest looking at the US Weather Service for much more information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire