Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:12 AM

263 posts, read 859,130 times

Advertisements

I have a question for anyone that can help me. My boyfriend is starting a new website and he has asked me to get some good pics for him from around the state. I have some of the mountains already, I have a good one from the Lamprey River, some from the Lakes Region, etc. But he's now hoping I can get a few good ones of the cities, like Manchester / Concord.
So - my question is....does anyone know where I can go to get some good shots of the skylines for these cities that would be recognizable ? I could take one of the Capital building but I was hoping to get some advice on good areas to shoot the skylines and really capture the cities.

Any ideas, advice??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-11-2009 at 08:31 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 08:58 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
thisis603.com is a great website with some awesome pictures of Manchester's skyline taken from the west side of Manchester

I would guess that the upper floors of st. Maries hospital or West high school or the roofs of any of those buildings would allow for some awesome pictures...most of us don't have the advantage of getting there though, so I would go as far uphill on the west side as possible. You can do the same on the east side on Bridge St., or Hanover St., but you won't catch the highway traffic, or get as good a view IMO.

good luck

Old 04-11-2009, 11:08 AM

Thanks buck! I'm just worried about using anything from a website or the internet in general because of copyright reasons, etc. I don't know much about it, but I don't want him getting in trouble either! LOL Thanks for the advice. We're going to take a ride later (hopefully it'll clear out a little, it's still drizzling). We'll have to check out some of your suggestions and see if we can get any good pics. Maybe tomorrow would be a better day? I'll have to check the weather.

: ) Thanks again

Old 04-11-2009, 01:50 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Smile Check w/ our members...

One of our new members, Crazy Dave, has some great pictures of Manchester. You might ask him if any are available for use, or if he has copyrighted them. From what I see, he takes great pictures

Old 04-11-2009, 06:49 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,542,547 times
If you are looking to get your own I have two words for you

Rock Rimmon,

SummitPost - Rock Rimmon -- Climbing, Hiking & Mountaineering

Old 04-11-2009, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the info!! That looks cool! I was going to go with my son. Is there a trail to hike or is it climbing only? You've gone there?
I don't mind a hike, but I've never done any climbing. LOL Looks like I could get some great shots from there though.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:15 PM

Yeah there is a trail,sadly however it is a favorite night time hang out for the local teens and young adults to drink, so be careful of glass

Old 04-11-2009, 07:19 PM

Thanks again. Sounds like it could be what my boyfriend is looking for.
My son and I went out today and he bought his first digital camera with his very own money that he's earned from chores, etc. It cost him $90 and he's SO EXCITED to go for "a ride" and just take pictures of anything and everything. : ) So, I hope it's not raining tomorrow so I can take him out.
I'll let you know how it goes!

Old 04-12-2009, 09:18 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
If you are looking to get your own I have two words for you

Rock Rimmon,

SummitPost - Rock Rimmon -- Climbing, Hiking & Mountaineering

perfect location Dave! I totally forgot about RR.

Old 04-12-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakiedoodle View Post
Thanks again. Sounds like it could be what my boyfriend is looking for.
My son and I went out today and he bought his first digital camera with his very own money that he's earned from chores, etc. It cost him $90 and he's SO EXCITED to go for "a ride" and just take pictures of anything and everything. : ) So, I hope it's not raining tomorrow so I can take him out.
I'll let you know how it goes!
Hope you were able to get out and get some good skyline pics today I did not, I did take a walk and get these though

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire