Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 12:13 PM

161 posts, read 645,451 times

Advertisements

Breitbart.tv » New Hampshire Democratic Party Head: Tax Protesters an ‘Unhinged Mob’

Anybody here go to one of these tea parties? Curious if this description is accurate. Because I have not heard anything of the sort. I'm surprised to see this kind of talk from even a NH Democrat. Isn't NH the state of few if any taxes? Individual responsibility?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 12:31 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,066,733 times
Unhinged Mob? I mostly heard that they were moderately sized groups of people getting together for relatively mild protests. I don't recall hearing "unhinged" or "mob" used by anyone else.

Unfortunately I can't view it; but is the comment taken in the proper context? The reason I ask is because in the context of political strategy such comments would not be wise. Most news sources love to grab "clips" just to add some flame to a debate.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:47 PM

161 posts, read 645,451 times
They're taken in context. I heard the audio (no video).
He also said they had no clue what they were protesting and that they looked like they had lost their minds. He said this based on a selective few interviews that were given by the media.

However given the performance by CNN last week, I don't think the media was there to actually find good representatives of these parties.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:52 PM

371 posts, read 1,161,901 times
NH values are incompatible with Liberal/Democrats (and many Republicans).

Old 04-21-2009, 12:56 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,066,733 times
That's unfortunate and pretty much contrary to everything else I have heard, I'll listen when I get home. While I consider anytime folks get together to express their opinions important and a step in a positive direction (regardless of political affiliation); I am still discouraged that when "vote" time comes there are sometimes 0 or 1 candidate for many offices on town ballots (I looked up the sample ballots for several towns). It's very dissapointing...

A lot of people are angry...but only talk/are minimally involved. If you're really that passionate- get involved, find a position where you can actually make changes...even small- they add up eventually.

Lack of political involvement/effort is an issue for all; regardless of political party.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:09 PM

12 posts, read 35,053 times
Default Compatible Republicans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dognh View Post
NH values are incompatible with Liberal/Democrats (and many Republicans).
The truth is that Republican "values" are incompatible with NH. Republicans have completely lost the moderate branch of their party (the branch that NH and many other states voted for) and replaced it with southern style "in your face", "in your bedroom", bible-thumper politics. They've become the party of the religious Southeast. Good luck trying to win elections that way.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:10 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Well I cannot get the video to launch but the fact that Buckley would call peaceful protestors an "unhinged mob" is really no surprise.

I attended 2 tea parties-the Dover one at lunch time and the Manchester one after work. The people that I met and chatted with were peaceful and of all parties-dem, repub, independent and libertarian and are angry at government-past and present for over spending, bailouts and taxes. We most certainly knew what we were protesting.

And to answer your question about NH being a state of few taxes and personal responsibility-we used to be. We are losing more of that everyday due to nanny state tax and spenders being in charge since 2006. Hopefully in 2010, we can get this state back on track before it is too late.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:15 PM

108 posts, read 266,724 times
Maybe he's just assuming that these protests were going to be like those of his supporters? Those that protest demanding MORE government handouts which ARE usually un-hinged mobs.

Classic case of projection here...

Old 04-21-2009, 01:25 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike38rc View Post
The truth is that Republican "values" are incompatible with NH. Republicans have completely lost the moderate branch of their party (the branch that NH and many other states voted for) and replaced it with southern style "in your face", "in your bedroom", bible-thumper politics. They've become the party of the religious Southeast. Good luck trying to win elections that way.
Right. Look at the candidates in the last election. A guy from Arizona and a woman from Alaska. Obviously part of the "religious Southeast". If anything you said were true, Huckabee would have had the nomination or at least lasted until past March 2008...

Old 04-21-2009, 01:27 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz1 View Post
Maybe he's just assuming that these protests were going to be like those of his supporters? Those that protest demanding MORE government handouts which ARE usually un-hinged mobs.

Classic case of projection here...
Remember the pro illegal immigration rallies of a couple of years ago? I wonder if those people would be "unhinged mobs"? How about the youngsters that protest banking meetings such as the group in Seattle a few years back. Definitely unhinged as seen by the violence....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire