Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 12:50 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,068,001 times

Advertisements

Carfax= definately not perfect. It pulls what data it can...but it can't pull everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,179,810 times
This weekend is supposed to be sunny and HOT! Yes, a Texas gal just said 80 was HOT LOL (damn this means I'm turnin Yankee again!) ha

So, wetvac, pulling seats down, drying and airing is on my list. Bondo for the rust is on my list. I have an "I speak auto" friend going with me for some supplies to do the stripping ourselves. I'll let you know how that turns out next rainfall.

I am worried about the mold, my friend said use moth balls for a time after its fixed? never tried that but she swears it works.

Thanks for all your help I'll update if I get any information about the odometer when the spedo is fixed.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:01 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,068,001 times
I'd get some mold killer/preventative detergent for carpets (I bet Home Depot sells something) and use that...then make sure to use a wet/dry vac to pull it out/let it dry before driving (don't want to get overcome with fumes). That should give you some piece of mind without mothball stink or nastiness.

Old 04-24-2009, 05:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
A friend of mine just bought a used clunker from a DEALER in NH. After he had the care for a day he took it back and the DEALER and the DEALER had to take the car back and refund all the money. This is a lemon law I did not know about because I buy my clunkers from private parties and take the risk.

Private deals are "What you see is what you get" and you have to pay to make your good deal (don't ask how I know) useable. Please remember, as the Tappet Brothers say, "The cheapskate pays the most." Don't buy the "real deals" but look for a reasonably priced car and have a pre-purchase inspection before any money changes hands.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:44 AM

452 posts, read 1,734,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post

I notice the dashboard goes out. I mean gas gauge/odometer/hot+cold/Oil, every needle goes to ZERO.

My 70 mile trip only registered as 29. I'm taking it in today for inspection because my mechanic couldn't put me in the bay for a week after I bought it.

OH not only is my odometer nuts, but there is a small wading pond in the back seat floor boards. 2 Inches of water on both side floor boards.
The possibility of odometer fraud is there. However, you may want to consider that one problem may be affecting the other.

In the "good old days" your speedometer was operated mechanically with a cable. Today, your odometer operates electronically. You may also wish to consider the possibility of an electrical short or grounding, especially with the excessive interior water you have spoken of.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:54 AM

369 posts, read 964,768 times
Try Click & Clack's Car Talk website, yeah they're couple of comedians but they do know cars.
They have a page called Mechanic's files where you can find a shop with local reviews.
I've had good results locating honest mechanics with htem.

Old 04-24-2009, 07:29 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,853,847 times
Blaming craigslist for this is like blaming the Nashua Telegraph for a classified ad that was in the newspaper....
Anyway, you may get more help by going to a Dodge neon owner's forum. Try
Dodge Neon - DodgeForum.com

Old 04-27-2009, 08:02 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,179,810 times
I've bookmarked the pages thanks for the links guys.
Right now I've got the stripping down and some breakage in the rubber on the doors caulked. The bondo took all day but it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would.
So far I haven't made the appointment yet for the speedometer, but that's on my list.
I only had $1500 to work with and after dealing with used car salesman that made me feel inferior and a waste of their breaths, I decided to buy from private sale and hope for the best.

I'm hoping my luck will turn around soon, thanks everyone for your comments and help!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,658 times
this should fix the spedometer problemhttp://www.fixya.com/cars/t859092-1996_dodge_neon_speedometer

Old 05-04-2009, 12:14 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I don't know where you live but in Manchester there is a body/mechamical shop called "Manchester Body and Fender". They did extensive work on my old Buick for a very reasonable amount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire