Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 09:57 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,027,324 times

Advertisements

Hello all, greetings from Southern New England.

My wife and I were going to make a return trip to Nashua and Dover this weekend, but it wasn't too be.

Right now in CT the leaves have just kind of "popped" on the Maples while the oaks are in "baby leaf" stage. The daffodils just expired about a week ago for the most part, tulips are still going though.

What happening in your neck of the woods? How far behind is the Southern NH and/or Seacoast area if at all?

Posting a pic would be spectacular!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 10:12 AM

758 posts, read 2,891,148 times
no pics but is sounds about similar. I was working in RI for the last 2 weeks. The first week there was a dramatic difference between Southern NE and the seacoast, but I was amazed when I got home last Friday evening.

Some of the trees have popped, others have good sized buds and will go any day now. Daffodils are still going strong here and a lot of the the spring time blossoming trees are in full bloom. The forsythias are starting to wind down but are still in good bloom right now. I love this time of year.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:35 AM

263 posts, read 859,977 times
Right now, our lilacs have all sorts of buds, no actual flowers. The lawn is beautiful and green with too many dandelions! LOL
The apple and pear trees are budding, actual flowers should be in the next week or 2. The rhubarb is growing like crazy! Black flies are AWFUL. Mosquitoes aren't too bad yet. No horseflies yet. I CANNOT stand the horseflies when we're fishing (which is just about every weekend).
The lily pads on the ponds and lakes are starting to sprout up along the edges, but they are few and far between.
"Peepers" are out every night. I love them! : ) What a great sound to fall asleep to every night.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:00 AM

2,257 posts, read 8,180,488 times
I love this time of year, too. Give it another week and everything will be exploding with lush spring colors.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:19 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,959,286 times
Our "heat wave" of last week forced many of bulbs and perennials into bloom very quickly, and will probably result in a shorter than normal bloom time. Some of my daffodils are fading, while others are still showing strong color... My tulips are just about spent, but the Bleeding Heart is just starting to bloom. Creeping phlox are just starting to burst into color. Most forsythias are fading to green, while mine is just starting to show yellow. Lilacs are probably a couple of weeks away, depending on location/sun.

Here in Londonderry, we have several apple orchards, and many of the trees are now in blossom (we are all hoping for NO MORE FROST!) The blossoms are plentiful and beautiful, here's a little sample:

Old 05-04-2009, 10:20 PM

26,433 posts, read 46,657,478 times
This weather pattern is very strange... Be prepared for another frost next week after the stalled front finally moves through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire