Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 01:02 PM

2,856 posts, read 10,443,194 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever done the "beermaster tour" at the Budweiser plant in Merrimack, NH ?
I know they offer a free one of which I've seen good reviews for but wondering what that beermaster tour consists of and if its worth paying the extra money for.

THANKS in ADVANCE!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 07:44 PM

563 posts, read 2,571,680 times
I did a tour of the Merrimack facility back in 2002-03 but I do not remember a brewmaster/beermaster tour. What is this?

Old 06-04-2009, 04:40 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,335,383 times
Well I did not do the beermaster tour- I have done the regular tour a few times. For me it was good enough, nice tour through parts of the factory with explanations of history and how they make the product. Afterwards, you get two free samples of beer and pretzles-there is also soda available. Then a self-guided walk down to the stables to view all the beautiful flowers and landscaping. I was fortunate enough to see the dalmations by the stables before they took them away. They still have a horse or two there I believe but the clydesdales are only there once or twice a year for a specific show-if they still do that.

For the basics, the regular tour is good. I suppose you want more than that? I would imagine the beermaster tour would include more about beer making and perhaps more samples or a private tasting? Do you get to taste with the brewmaster as opposed to being in the "bar area" with everyone else?

Old 06-04-2009, 05:26 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,841,952 times
I did not know they were providing a special tour. Guess I know what we are doing this Saturday. BTW - Budweiser's American Ale is quite good.

Old 06-04-2009, 07:25 AM

haha. On the website it says that the Beermaster tour is a paying tour. It's $25 a person. I am making a special LONG trip my my DH's birthday and just want it to be an extra special experience.

Clydesdale's aren't there all year??? BUMMER!!! That was the only part I MYSELF was looking forward to...I don't drink. haha

Old 06-04-2009, 07:31 AM

"In addition to our complimentary tours, the Beermaster Tour is a unique opportunity to experience a behind-the-scenes look at the brewing of Budweiser. The Beermaster Tour includes a visit to the Brew House, Hop Room, Primary Fermentation Cellar, Lager Cellar, Packaging Facility, Quality Assurance, and Finishing Cellar, including sampling directly from a Finishing Tank. The Budweiser Clydesdale Hamlet is also available to visit. To commemorate your experience, a variety of gifts are provided for each guest."

this is part of what it says on the website about the paying tour. How much of this did YOU do in the regular tour? I'm just trying to see if it's worth the extra money to do a beermaster.
Whats your opinion? As I'm not much of a beer enthusiast...

ALSO after the tour we are going to eat. Two places I've found are La Carreta Mexican Restaurant AND The Gibbett Hill Grill and Barn
Anyone have opinions on these two restaurants in the area?

Last edited by KH02; 06-04-2009 at 07:44 AM..

Old 06-04-2009, 08:12 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,070,312 times
It sounds to me like you get to see a lot more of the "behind the scenes" work. Does it still include a tour of the regular facilities as well and the regular sampling at the end? Unfortunately I don't know enough beer terminology to describe what we saw...but it sounds like we saw most of that but it was "from a distance" (ie, packaging was from a balcony overhead)...perhaps the brew-master is down on the floor?

A lot of people like La Carreta, I am not impressed. I actually prefer Shorty's for Mexican (go to the one in Nashua a lot); its not "real" Mexican but its soo much more enjoyable and less bland.

Not sure if you like Korean or Sushi but Shira Kiku off broad street in Nashua is pretty awesome and worth a try even if you've never had Korean (I've introduced many to new foods there since discovering it a few months ago).

For steakhouses, I liked Siloh's...very old-school steakhouse, and pretty good too; its up the road in Merrimack.

I also LOVE the red wine braised lamb shank at Georgio's (modern italian-ish) in Merrimack as well.

Good Pizza or Subs is Monument Square Market in Hollis...hands down.

None of these places are "far" away.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:13 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,335,383 times
We did not sample from the finishing tank.

We did not tour the quality assurance or the packaging area-if I remember correctly we viewed them through glass from up above on another level.

We walked through some of the factory-a few rooms and saw the tanks and they explained the process. We were in the area where they clean out the big tanks with the hops.

Is your husband a real beer lover? If so it might be worth it for a nice b-day gift to have the extras plus drinking a sample from the finishing tank could be a nice touch.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:48 AM

thanks for the info

Old 06-04-2009, 09:03 AM

So I FINALLY found a review for the Beermaster tour online though it was someone who took it in St Louis, MO.
I guess you get a complimetary hat at the beginning and do walk down inside the rooms. You drink straight from the fresh batch with an engraved glass mug that you get to keep and the lineworkers play a game with the tour group and the winner gets a free tshirt.
Sounds like a fun day.

BTW thanks for the restaurant reccommendations. The steakhouse looks good although we are eating lunch BEFORE the tour and that palce does not open until dinner so we may stick with the mexican palce instead!!

Thanks again! Yes BTW my hubby is a beerman, though not totally obsessed. He likes to see how things are made though..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: