Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 09:46 AM

4 posts, read 10,489 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move for a job in Nashua and don't know anything about the area or where to live. I have lived in the south most of my life, and would be moving from Florida. I would be looking for something to rent at first, and would appreciate any suggestions. I am single (30's) and would prefer to be near the city, but my main concern is the driving conditions in the winter, and my drive to work. I have no experience driving in snow/ice. I would also like to live in a safe location.

Any information on places to live and the surrounding areas and towns would be helpful. Thanks!

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-30-2009 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: Moved post to it's own thread in New Hampshire forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 12:56 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,035,160 times
YOu can always find a rental place there in Nashua. Don't worry overmuch about winter driving. The roads are plowed well, get snow tires on your car, and respect the weather: drive slower and a touch more cautiously (but no need to panic over it). You'll be fine. There are some rentals that get listed on Northern New England Real Estate Network - Official Website of the Northern New England MLS and some people look on craiglist. You can also check with a realtor, they often know about rentals as well. ValC (on the list) might know of some, she's great!

Old 10-30-2009, 02:35 PM

858 posts, read 1,807,305 times
You can also check rent.com or forrent.com to find rentals (in apartment communities) in the Nashua Area. The winter driving is easy to learn, but you might want to rent close to work till you get used to winter driving. The key is driving slow and being careful.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:52 PM

Thank you so much for all the rental information, and I will look at the web sites. I decided it would be best to rent until I learn the area. Thanks for the tips on driving and I plan on looking close to work. Then I will have to get use to the climate change! I am sure I will have more questions as the time gets closer to a move. What list is Valc on ?
thanks

Old 10-31-2009, 06:47 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,035,160 times
It's a great idea to rent first! For one thing, you might decide you want to live outside of Nashua after all, but this gives you the time to figure out what you want.

If you're really nervous about winter driving, you can always contact a driving school and ask for a lesson with an instructor once it snows. Then you don't have to worry about doing something bad, since they often have dual controls, and there's someone in the car to keep you calm.

Old 10-31-2009, 03:43 PM

571 posts, read 1,318,293 times
If you are going to live in Nashua and work in Nashua then snow is of no concern. The City trucks are very efficient. If you live in an apartment, the owners will have the parking lot plowed for you.
I agree that it is best to rent first -talk to locals and explore neighborhoods. You may find a place very close to work.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:22 AM

46 posts, read 117,871 times
We just moved from So. California to Nashua, NH in September. If you have pets, renting can be difficult. Very few rentals allow pets. We are at the Boulders in Nashua; we includes the dog and cat. Like it here....the location is great to highway and local shopping. Good luck.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:32 AM

Thanks so much for all the information and suggestions, and I should have more details on my move soon. Then I can start looking around the area!

Old 11-11-2009, 07:49 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,066,272 times
Really liked renting at Bower's Landing in Merrimack NH, it's right on the Nashua line so its a 5 minute drive from downtown (or a very long walk...but I did it many times and it passes through one of the prettiest neighborhoods of Nashua architecture wise). They allow pets (with a small pet-rent), have ample parking, and are very well maintained. Not the place to live if you throw wild parties frequently (they are strict on "don't bother your neighbors"); but obviously a weekend barbecue, etc- is fine (they even have outdoor grills/tables.

I think you'll like it here, it is less transient than many places so making new friends is slower; but after a little while it happens and all is well.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the info on Bower's Landing- I am going to check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire