Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 10:41 AM

10 posts, read 27,381 times

Advertisements

I recently relocated to the east coast to be closer to family. I've done a lot of research but can't seen to find the right "home" I am renting in Kittery Maine right now but want to be somewhere in New Hampshire by the end of June. I have two children and hope to open a small day care where ever I end up. I need a there bedroom with a fenced yard in a great neighborhood. Schools are a major concern. I have been in the child care profession for 15+ years. I owned a large center for many years. I moved here and took this past year off to be "Mum". I want to teach again. I am having a terrible time finding where will be a good "home". I want a great community, good parks, clean, happy people, nice area and wonderful schools. any input would be appreciated!! I am looking in southern NH, maybe ME possibly MA?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 06:34 AM

thanks but I want to rent for at least two years. just to make sure we're sticking around.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:21 AM

625 posts, read 2,436,206 times
What kind of budget are you looking at? (Mortgage, taxes, insurance...)

Old 05-14-2007, 10:35 AM

@ 1200 a month give or take

Old 05-14-2007, 12:24 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,476,142 times
IN Southern NH, ROFL OK got that out. You can try over by Keene but with such a small budget you might find yourself hard pressed. Maine might be a better area for such a budget. Unless you are looking for a studio, or Maybe a 2 bedroom if lucky.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:39 PM

639 posts, read 3,528,368 times
Default Rentals

I saw quite a few for 1200 and up of course on the seacoast of NH. Check the seacoast online site.

www.seacoastonline.com

Go to Marketplace then rentals and you'll see them all listed when you put in 1200 a month. It's a very good site to check out rentals in the area. There's a 3 bedroom in Portsmouth with heat and hot water included for 1200 a month and then there's one I saw in Hampton I think that one was a 2 bedroom. So check that site out, it's a good one to utilize.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
IN Southern NH, ROFL OK got that out. You can try over by Keene but with such a small budget you might find yourself hard pressed. Maine might be a better area for such a budget. Unless you are looking for a studio, or Maybe a 2 bedroom if lucky.
I am paying 2000.00/mo now in kittery, but this house is terrible. 6 bedrooms. I paid 500.00/3 weeks for heat. there is no insulation! the basemant is full of mold and water. two of the rooms are not on a foundation. it's 275.00/mo for electric. ( is that normal?) the furnace broke many times this past winter,left us with no heat. I am caring for two other children until their mom gets back from Iraq,end of June. our landlord is a bit out there. I got the wrong place the first time around that's way I am asking for help. can't be any more hard pressed than this?! I am starting low and working up for the right place. thanks for you input money man.........

Old 05-14-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl52 View Post
I saw quite a few for 1200 and up of course on the seacoast of NH. Check the seacoast online site.

www.seacoastonline.com

Go to Marketplace then rentals and you'll see them all listed when you put in 1200 a month. It's a very good site to check out rentals in the area. There's a 3 bedroom in Portsmouth with heat and hot water included for 1200 a month and then there's one I saw in Hampton I think that one was a 2 bedroom. So check that site out, it's a good one to utilize.
thanks, I look everyday! hoping the right one will come. I am unsure of the towns. any good ideas? my neighbors say exeter,stratham,hampton. to be close to MA.what is kingston like? rye is nice but --cha ching! I've even looked up towards alton,conway. for Maine I liked wells.. and looked at a few in york. I'm at a loss... thanks for the help!

Old 05-15-2007, 07:42 AM

793 posts, read 3,122,523 times
With your budget and particularly if you are a first time home buyer (?), there are potentials for what will suit your needs. Not alot, but there are some. I would particularly recommend the Epping area, perhaps Dover. Rochester, although I know it is not really southern NH at that point probably would have the most suitable housing and is of course close to Maine. Unforutnately it isn't nicknamed "Rottenchester" for no reason and the school system may not be up to your standards.

Old 05-15-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
With your budget and particularly if you are a first time home buyer (?), there are potentials for what will suit your needs. Not alot, but there are some. I would particularly recommend the Epping area, perhaps Dover. Rochester, although I know it is not really southern NH at that point probably would have the most suitable housing and is of course close to Maine. Unforutnately it isn't nicknamed "Rottenchester" for no reason and the school system may not be up to your standards.
I am not looking to buy right now. I am not a first time buyer. I would not like to live in rochester! I don't know anything about Epping and know little of dover. thanks for your input! it all helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire