Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 04:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times

Advertisements

Yeah thxs sgt. Taxes and Freedoms. One freedom I have a high value on is the 1st, and then exactly in order the 2nd. Liberals have a nasty way of infringing on these Freedoms.

Just look at the lost freedom these leftists made with just the TSA. The writting has been on the wall a long time and if you can't read it I can only assume the letters are too small and you need one leter per billboard.

Now I still drive my 1985 pre OBD volvo, and at one point it cost a total of 28 buck ro register per year, and it cost under 5 bucks to get it safety stikered. Now it's over 128 bucks to register and 25 to sticker, and for the same bloomin car.

Not only that but the DMV is in your bee's wax with any OBD car, which is directly plugged in to Concord DMV. zThere is other info about you and that car, on the OBD computer, which by the way does nothing to make the car go. And that is infringment of privacy.

Before the librals over ran this state, the state was solvent. I am not sure liberals understand what that word even means.

I'ld like to know what town it is you mean? There are not very many left. Tamworth where I live lost it's old store too, and the liberals wanted to put in a ***** bar in it place. I don't think so.

If i wanted to go to any ***** bar in the first place I could go to Canada or Mass, as there is more than enough in those states to suit me and I think there is one just over the line on old Rt 1 in NH.

I might be a biker, but I am not that kind of a biker.

Like sgt, I don't push my adgenas on others, the way the liberals do. If i walk into a gay bar, and find it is a gay bar, I just leave. I did that once in Ptown Mass. I had no idea, all I wanted was a ice cold beer on a real hot day. I was offered a little more than a beer.

If I were that way you can bet i would be talking to the state reps demanding everyone in the state of NH own a gun, or pay a default of 500 bucks a year for the priviledge to not own a firearm. That any one who is a registered omittee (non-gun owner), that their house must be posted in bold leter on a sign of a stated size with letters of a stated size like boat tags, stating they have no gun in the house and so forfit police services.

At one time all males of a certain age, of good body and mind were required by law to own and maintain weapons. I expect these days the problem would be finding men of good body and good mind.

But I don't make demads, and I expect the same.

This 0 Tolerace thing is nuts. Liberals demand toolerance till they get what they want then turn right around and demand 0 Tolerance. Man I just don't get that idea.

The towns i think of as Currier and Ivers would be Kensington, Effingham, Francestown, maybe Sandwich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2010, 01:53 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,544,715 times
Wow.. all this from a little advice blurb?
I mean..
really? ( the nations new buzz word btw )

Old 12-28-2010, 06:49 PM

7,927 posts, read 7,818,729 times
I know some might not like the sound of this but some of mass is fighting back.

Consider the following
1) Scott Brown won
2) A write in candidate nearly took Coakley down for reelection of the AG
3) Question 2 passed in mass (up to 1oz of marijuana is a civil fine...which actually doesn't even require you to say your real name either..collection process is pretty much nil)
4) A vote to eliminate the income tax was pretty close..of course the reaction to this was the raising of the sales tax
5) Within a year the sales tax on alcohol was put on but then repealed.
6) In 2004 the fastest growing county in mass (plymouth) nearly voted for Bush
United States presidential election in Massachusetts, 2004 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
7) Barney frank won in 2010 but only by a mere 11%
8) Governor Devall only won 49% of the vote

It is no longer a counter-culture among the youths to be liberal. Heck I visited MIT a year ago...I see USA flags flying, Fox news on in the lounge, ads in the message boards about a European club...

I knew the state was changing when during the same day that Ted Kennedy passed away I heard fireworks all across town (keep in mind they are illegal here so chances are they were holding them for what they thought was a special occasion).

I'm not trying to claim that one day you'll wake up and MA will be like NH but gradually progress is being made.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:13 PM

mdovell, I have friends in western Mass that just wish eastern mass was a hole in the ground, filled with sea water. Some of my friends live in eastern mass too. All of them are Buck Skinners, a sort of living history back woods skills techs.

Old 12-29-2010, 01:33 PM

11 posts, read 25,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
A message for those who wish to move to our state

Our motto here is LIVE FREE OR DIE.

That is our ideology, we may not always live up to it, but it is our aspiration.

Therefore you will see people walking around in rural areas with rifles, down dirt roads, crossing the back roads. You will see rifles iin the gun racks of pick up trucks.
You will see fresh kill hanging in the yard.
Your will see unhelmeted bikers, and people driving their convertibles without a seat belt. Some would say that they are engaging in risky behavior, but who said freedom was safe?
Long before some government talking head thought we needed a "law" churches were marrying gays and people will continue to oppose such things..freedom of speech has yet to be duct taped by political correctness and freedom of action is sacred. ( lets keep it that way! )
ATVS and snowmobles are quite common and don't be too surprised if at any given moment you are sharing the road with one, that's the way it is.
We go camping because we can, and we don't do it to escape a city slicker lifestyle..it is our lifestyle.
We HATE the concept of broad based taxes, sales taxes, poll taxes, hell we HATE taxes period!
We are sometimes loud and opinionated, but as a state we frevently come together for community disasters.
We are diverse, farmers, laborers, professionals, when we sit down at dinner at the local diner it don't matter who you are or what you do, we'll still share a laugh with ya, or help you out with directions or the best place to get a pizza in town.
We have our flaws, too much freedom without responsibility is some areas too little freedom in others but we keep working on it, you are welcome to work with us, but DON"T try working against us we because Live Free Or Die can also be accurately read as Live Free or FIGHT!
That's one of the best posts I've read in a long time...(and I'm from MA and would move to NH in a heartbeat if I could

Old 01-03-2011, 01:08 PM

294 posts, read 829,510 times
a blue state that markets inself as "live free or die".....cute....

just kidding....boys in the south are not too happy with Loudon (NASCAR), err, NH and the 2008 election though....

Old 01-03-2011, 03:17 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NC View Post
a blue state that markets inself as "live free or die".....cute....
Sorry, it was a temporary thing from 2006 to 2010.... In the most recent election, the two seats in congress went from Democrats to Republican. We also kept Gregg's seat Republican. On the state level, it was a dramatic swing from a Democrat majority in the state house and state senate to Republican majorities. The state senate was 10 R and 14 D; now it is 19 R and 4 D. The state house was 174 R and 204 D; and now it is 298 R and 102 D. That is an incredible swing! The Republicans can override any veto by the governor (Lynch, D). Look for him to leave office in 2012...

Old 01-03-2011, 03:23 PM

69 posts, read 184,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Sorry, it was a temporary thing from 2006 to 2010.... In the most recent election, the two seats in congress went from Democrats to Republican. We also kept Gregg's seat Republican. On the state level, it was a dramatic swing from a Democrat majority in the state house and state senate to Republican majorities. The state senate was 10 R and 14 D; now it is 19 R and 4 D. The state house was 174 R and 204 D; and now it is 298 R and 102 D. That is an incredible swing! The Republicans can override any veto by the governor (Lynch, D). Look for him to leave office in 2012...
How many Republicans do you think are actually Libertarians that run under the Republican banner?

Old 01-03-2011, 06:37 PM

Cate, I don't think he can know that answer. I am not a republican, but what is still called Independant, which sort of means Libertarian. If he can know, which he may, I wouldn't know how.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:57 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,699,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Cate, I don't think he can know that answer. I am not a republican, but what is still called Independant, which sort of means Libertarian. If he can know, which he may, I wouldn't know how.
I suspect it wad just a retorical question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire