Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 12:23 PM

557 posts, read 1,353,623 times

Advertisements

I found a decent 4 br/3ba ranch for 240k in *Bedford NH* in November, closed Dec 30th. Needs some cosmetic work, nothing out of the ordinary. Otherwise in good shape! large 2 car garage, sunroom, new paint, windows, fireplace etc.

Your expectations and standards must be quite high to not find a nice 3br in Raymond and surrounding towns for under 300k!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 09:30 PM

21 posts, read 74,040 times
Oh, I meant we don't want to spend more than 300k...the house we like is in Raymond for our price range...I just didn't want to jump right in without doing some research...we are going to see some homes in other areas tomorrow, and then possibly put an offer on the one in Raymond. Actually my hubby's expectations are high...hehe...I would be happy in a fixer upper in a nice area, he is specific on what he wants...he doesn't like raised ranches, so it rules those out...I on the other hand don't mind. Also, he wants the square footage to be in the 2000's...I have talked to him, but this is what he wants. I told him safety comes first...so we will be checking the Raymond schools, and having the water tested, an inspection, and so on. I have to admit, this is a gorgeous home...it's not near the super-fund sites either. Nice sub division, the neighborhood looks great and the houses are spaced out.

Believe me, I have done allot of searching over the past week in the surrounding areas...and can't find many newer 3 bedroom homes that have low taxes or that something isn't wrong with them...maybe we'll have some luck tomorrow.

By the way...congrats on your new home, sounds like a great deal... I have no clue where Bedford NH. is...

Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 PM

758 posts, read 2,889,700 times
My job actually focuses on cleaning up contaminated sites (including many superfund sites)...and I have done work on a few of the NH sites (but not Raymond).

Without knowing much about the actual location I can tell you that unless you live near those sites you'll be fine. Even if you live near them, you're likely fine. You would be informed if it was going to cause a problem. If you're still worried get your well water tested.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:10 PM

Thanks for your advice, as far as I know, we are on the other side of town...we do plan on having the water tested when we get inspection done.

After looking at many homes, we have decided to put an offer on the one we were interested in Raymond...I think the kids will be fine, I have been looking into the schools, and Raymond High is improving...we have 2 years til my daughter will attend, hopefully they will be better. The middle school seems to be fine...and the baby has a few years til kindergarten. I think that being an involved parent plays an important part of a child's progress in school...any child can slip through the cracks if we are not careful...

Old 01-13-2010, 11:28 AM

we are still waiting to hear back from the offer...fingers crossed!!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:06 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
There are some really nice areas in Raymond. I always liked the area of Raymond out towards Pawtuckaway and Nottingham.There's some really nice country roads and small ponds out that way. Very peaceful.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:17 PM

Hi Ken, thanks for the positive reply...that's the area the home is in...it is nice around there...it's quiet, and if I need a mall, there's one less than 20 mins away.

I hope we hear back from the seller soon, it should be tonight...I have another house lined up to see in Epping, just in case this one falls through...we'll see!

Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 PM

Are there any good restaurants in the area ??

Old 01-16-2010, 01:14 PM

Is the Yankee Meat Mart any good?

Old 01-17-2010, 11:31 AM

2,360 posts, read 5,248,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaesheart View Post
Are there any good restaurants in the area ??
There used to be a good seafood place on the road to Deerfield. It used to be called the Pines. It's been a while since i've been over that way.I remember that the scallops were real good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire