Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 04:50 PM

3 posts, read 6,150 times

Advertisements

Hi - am new to this forum. My mother would like to move to S. NH from ME. She prefers to rent, and I would love some input.

Have looked through the archives and in the Rentals forum, but many of the recommendations are from several years ago and dated, as far as the market goes.

Valerie C had a great suggestion which I followed up - the NNEREN site, and I've spent daaaaze (cross-eyed) researching other sites as well. I am surprised there are so few rentals within my parameters, so I am asking for suggestions in the Danville/Plaistow/Kingston/Sandown/Hampstead area. Even Londonderry? (Which I don't know well, only have driven through the main road.)

Essentially, I'd love to have her as close as possible to us in Danville (a little-discussed gem!) Ideally, she'd like a condo rental, but not in a huge building - more rural. She hopes for about $1200mo, but I am not sure that's realistic based on what I am seeing online.

Any ideas? Will opportunities be opening up as we move into Spring/Summer? Anyone know of a cute, modernized but quaint cottage in the woods around here? (Kidding, but not.)

Thanks. After looking through the archives, I am so curious about how circumstances worked out for all those people inquiring from across the country, and where they ended up, if at all, in NH. I particularly enjoyed the post by someone detailing his four years in Vermont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 PM

3 posts, read 6,150 times
Default bye, y'all

Thanks anyway, folks.

I would have appreciated a response of some kind, after 79 views. Youd'a'thunk someone would have. Though Southern-born, I grew up here in in NH since age 2, lived here most of my childhood, and have lived here for many years as an adult.

I certainly will not look toward this NH forum for any kind of helpfulness in the future - unfortunately, confirming the NH rep. Think about that....NH. What it means.

To me, NH means childhood in Southern and Northern NH. Getting ice cream cones at an ice cream shop near the RR, listening to music at the Band Stand in Whitefield. I remember Summer Stock up North, the most wonderful, magical productions of theater in someone's barn. I remember a summer field of great music - Tom Rush comes to mind. My father bought a few acres on a hillside near Cherry Mtn. and I helped him clear it with a sythe when I was twelve. I lived in Bedford, Concord, Peterborough, loving NH. I remember seeing the Old Man of the Mountain every summer, and the clambering Jack O' Lantern guy driving up there.

I have lived in NH, MA, CT, NYC, VT, TN, TX, and CA. I have traveled to almost every US state, and visited the UK, the Netherlands, Belgium, Ghana, Togo and Dahomey.

I come back to NH, and I now I hear such spite, such fear from the people of NH. I thought I was coming home. For instance, there is so much denigration and terror about Massachussetts, but I can tell you that in Massachussetts, tolerance and inclusiveness are the norm.

NH would benefit from a more expansiveness and generosity of spirit.

Bye.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:13 PM

62 posts, read 142,339 times
I think you need to realize that this forum also has quite a few people that are currently not in NH, but are looking to move there, which accounts for quite a few of the 79 views.

Your question is also quite specific, which further reduces the number of people that can actually give you an answer.

Unfortunately, I don't think you have helped your case by lashing out this way...

Old 03-10-2010, 06:57 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,035,160 times
plus, many of the folks on here have not moved there from other pars of the country (sure some have, and they aren't necessarily on here all the time). Many of us started in NH and stayed, or started in NH, left for a bit and came home. Neither of those apply to the specific you requested, so we didn't reply. You set the parameters after all.

Yes, spring traditionally has more things popping up for sale - not a clue about rentals. And I don't really know anything about that part of the state, I'm more central-western than central-eastern. so.... frankly, I didn't have anything useful to add to your question!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire