Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 01:04 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,996,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddog241 View Post
build your own computers, its much much much cheeper.

use linux instead of microcrap. there is a huge savings. linux is free!

I could use an hour or 2 of face to face interaction if you can build computers from parts. To bad you are not in NH USA.

My whole problem is not understanding the details of what works with what. With my new refer web monitor box thing, I thought i wanted to add another dvd. it has one dvd, and i got the bright idea it should have another. So i bought one, but there is no place on the mb to plug it in.

The shipping to send that dvd burner back would kill any value recieved, so i still have it in a box new. The one i should have bought is ATV I think, and the same one I did buy is skuzi, but i know I am not spelling that right.

Knowing which pins and connectors is what is important, but finding that out, so far has eldued me.

I can drop out a clutch on car in a few heart beats, but this is just different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 06:48 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,219,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BF66389 View Post
I'll consider the recession over once the U-6 measure of unemployment is below 10%. When the vast majority of people have meaningful employment and can pay their bills- things are good.
Economy Added Fewer Jobs Than Expected in November - WSJ.com

Looks like it going along swimmingly.

Quote:
The unemployment rate, which is obtained from a separate household survey, unexpectedly rose to 9.8% last month. More than 15 million people who would like to work can't get a job.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 AM

477 posts, read 900,958 times
Bad news is always "unexpected" when there is a democrat administration.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:20 AM

73,124 posts, read 62,780,216 times
Speaking of recovery, and computers, and technology in general, this is what I was told by a friend who is in the technology sector. According to him, there are companies that have positions that need to be filled, but aren't filling them because they are slow to hire anyone right now. A company being reluctant to hire anyone is out of government's hands. Not much you can do about that.

Old 12-03-2010, 12:45 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,072,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgthoskins View Post

That's the normal unemployment rate, I tend to rely more on the U-6 which is still over 17%.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:14 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,996,804 times
3 maybe 4 days ago the anchors on CNN were all laughing and cheery, saying the worst was over the recession. Now they are in a state of shock, un-employment is going up again. Duh

Old 12-03-2010, 10:26 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,859,312 times
When Obama took over, there were 12.5 million unemployed. Now we have 15.1 million. From 8.1% to 9.8%.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:28 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,859,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
Speaking of recovery, and computers, and technology in general, this is what I was told by a friend who is in the technology sector. According to him, there are companies that have positions that need to be filled, but aren't filling them because they are slow to hire anyone right now. A company being reluctant to hire anyone is out of government's hands. Not much you can do about that.
Yes, they are reluctant to hire. The uncertainty about the tax rates, the health care, and the economy in general makes them apprehensive about hiring more people... The government could do something about resolving taxes and health care...

Old 12-03-2010, 10:39 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,248,889 times
I would love to buy quality, even if it costs more. The problem is, American store don't stock ANY quality goods. Even the supposedly American brands are now mostly built overseas as cheaply as possible. Almost nothing is made in our country anymore, and it is becoming impossible to buy quality even if you're willing to pay for it. For instance, my GE fridge died after 5 years (I remember they used to last at least 25 years). And it was EXPENSIVE.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:16 PM

73,124 posts, read 62,780,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Yes, they are reluctant to hire. The uncertainty about the tax rates, the health care, and the economy in general makes them apprehensive about hiring more people... The government could do something about resolving taxes and health care...
The thing is though, there is a rising "disposable" pattern going on. Sort of a mentality of "hire someone not as well educated and cheaper to pay, then fire the person the very moment something goes wrong". There isn't any emphasis on hiring the best workers, but rather, hiring the cheapest. The people who are looking for the jobs are the people who have been in the workforce a long time. Now more companies have an unofficial policy of "if you haven't worked in at least a year, then we aren't going to hire you".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire