Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2010, 01:40 PM

6 posts, read 12,165 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if anyone had any information or resources for jobs for pharmacists in NH? My husband is a pharmacist and we are looking to relocate. NH is one of our options because it's close to family, but we've been at this for over a year and have been told the market for pharmacists in NH is saturated. If we moved to NH we were interested in the Hooksett area, so a job within commuting distance of that would be great.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 04:53 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,708,971 times
Check with all the major chains. I work for Osco drug and they just hired a "floater". Is your husband licensed to work in other states as well? There are a ton of stores in the Hookset area.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:00 AM

Yes, he's licensed in a couple of states now - VT (where we're currently located and trying to move out of), NH, and NC. He's currently working on getting a FL license, as that is one of our other options. It's not near family, but we like the weather much better down there - we're not too fond of cold weather :-) There also seem to be a lot more pharmacist jobs down there.

We've checked with Osco (they said they have no jobs in New England at all), Hannaford (they said their market is saturated), Walgreens (haven't heard back but they have no jobs listed for the area), Wal-Mart (only jobs in New England are in ME), Target (only jobs in NE are in ME), and some smaller local stores as well.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:29 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,962,078 times
Sounds like your decision is being made for you by circumstances, especially if he gets the FL license. Weather is such an important factor, and if the weather of VT isn't to your liking, NH isn't much different... Lots of pharmacist jobs down in FL vs. saturated market here. Maybe your family will fly down to visit you and escape a week or two of NH winters and you can come up to NH to visit during our wonderful, if short, summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boothie View Post
Yes, he's licensed in a couple of states now - VT (where we're currently located and trying to move out of), NH, and NC. He's currently working on getting a FL license, as that is one of our other options. It's not near family, but we like the weather much better down there - we're not too fond of cold weather :-) There also seem to be a lot more pharmacist jobs down there.

We've checked with Osco (they said they have no jobs in New England at all), Hannaford (they said their market is saturated), Walgreens (haven't heard back but they have no jobs listed for the area), Wal-Mart (only jobs in New England are in ME), Target (only jobs in NE are in ME), and some smaller local stores as well.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:35 AM

We've both lived in New England our whole lives, and our families are all over New England, so NH is perfect for that - we really liked the area around Hooksett due to proximity to family and things to do. Unfortunately we've been looking for over a year there and nothing has come up job-wise, which is why we're looking into other options now. It's tough...we hate the cold weather, but our families are here. I just wanted to post here to see if anyone had any other ideas we hadn't heard of or tried for finding pharmacist jobs in NH.

Old 04-15-2010, 12:33 PM

6,586 posts, read 6,758,126 times
Walgreens & CVS are building like crazy north of Concord around the Tilton/Laconia area. That may be too far north for you, I don't know.

Old 04-15-2010, 06:28 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,708,971 times
Wow I am surprised that Osco said they were not hiring since I know they just hired a pharmacist in the NH area. Keep trying because you never know.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 PM

71 posts, read 172,350 times
What about a hospital? Elliott, CMC, Concord, or even DHMC are good hospitals in the central area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire