Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 10:27 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,198,331 times

Advertisements

HELLO KATLAKAT!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! GREAT NEWS!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

I ALSO WISH I COULD BE IN NH AT THE SAME TIME!!

You and your family are probably very HAPPY!!!

ENJOY THE MOMENT!

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!!!

TAKE GOOD CARE!

COUNTRYLV22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katlakat View Post
Just a message to those here who have helped me with suggestions and ideas about coming back home.

Some important things have happened this very day, and it would seem as if we're going to arrive in New Hampshire the first week of September this year!

Couldn't put my finger on the how or why, but things just fell into my lap this afternoon that made it even more possible to make my dreams come true.

The town of Laconia has been mentioned for us to move there, I have just finished reading through some of their local paper Citizen Online
I think it was, to try to get a feel for the area, since I've never really been around there.

Any thoughts, would this be a decent place to consider? Thanks in advance for your opinions, good or bad

kat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 10:31 PM

1,384 posts, read 3,178,891 times
I can't wait!!! I still have an interview tomorrow at the local hospital, that I will keep since my old boss asked me to come back, I owe her a visit.

We had decided to wait one year, work these two jobs that came up, until I went next door to my mother-in-law's apartment to borrow her van.

we got to talking as we haven't done in a few months-to get caught up. To my surprise, she asked if she could come along. She also asked if we could all share a big house until we get settled. She has never been to New England, and from the visitor's guide I showed her, let's just say her mouth dropped wide open.

It was her idea to leave in 30 days. She's a department manger who just hired an assistant last month. I think she's more giddy than I am. You know what she said? "I felt the winds of change a few days ago, and just waited for an answer to my question of where I should begin my next journey. I had no idea it was you." She's been ready to get out of here for half a year, but didn't feel she should burden us with her feelings. Us on the other hand, weren't sure how she would feel if we left living next door for our own adventure.

Who would have thought it would have all worked out like this? Thank you for the pictures Valerie. Hopefully I can take some of my own, in fact; mom in law said she wanted a pioneer hat of her own, and by golly if she's not going to make a stake with a banner to plant the day we arrive! I knew I liked that ol' gal.

Talk to you soon
kat

Old 08-07-2007, 04:46 AM

117 posts, read 485,883 times
I hope all works out for you. I can see the excitement. If it was meant to be You will always find a way. Good luck and an early welcome.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:07 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,177,255 times
Quote:
I can't wait!!! I still have an interview tomorrow at the local hospital, that I will keep since my old boss asked me to come back, I owe her a visit.

We had decided to wait one year, work these two jobs that came up, until I went next door to my mother-in-law's apartment to borrow her van.

we got to talking as we haven't done in a few months-to get caught up. To my surprise, she asked if she could come along. She also asked if we could all share a big house until we get settled. She has never been to New England, and from the visitor's guide I showed her, let's just say her mouth dropped wide open.

It was her idea to leave in 30 days. She's a department manger who just hired an assistant last month. I think she's more giddy than I am. You know what she said? "I felt the winds of change a few days ago, and just waited for an answer to my question of where I should begin my next journey. I had no idea it was you." She's been ready to get out of here for half a year, but didn't feel she should burden us with her feelings. Us on the other hand, weren't sure how she would feel if we left living next door for our own adventure.

Who would have thought it would have all worked out like this? Thank you for the pictures Valerie. Hopefully I can take some of my own, in fact; mom in law said she wanted a pioneer hat of her own, and by golly if she's not going to make a stake with a banner to plant the day we arrive! I knew I liked that ol' gal.

Talk to you soon
kat

Kat - What a GREAT story! It sounds like you and your M-I-L are all "meant" to be in New Hampshire Enjoy your new adventure and enjoy the "ride."

Old 08-07-2007, 06:51 AM

Thanks windchimes! we're toting 2 dogs and 2 cats now with us, since she's coming along. I was actually surprised she wanted to come with us. Her mom and dad live above us in Michigan, and they see each other often. She said they will make the trips as they need to.

I have a feeling she will fall in love with New Hampshire, as will my husband. And I hopefully will have my camera in hand when they arrive to snap their faces.

As corny as this sounds: I started burning a CD with songs about "going home." Here's the list so far. I want to play it while we drive the distance from Southern Illinois to New Hampshire. If you have some songs I have forgotten, Please let me know so I can add them! Then I can take a piece of you with me on my journey!

Disc 1
Anywhere but here - KD Lang
Life in a norther town - Dream Academy
Sailing - Christopher Cross (I can't listen to this song w/out just balling-I remember being 8 years old eating fried clams at Boston Harbor)
Home - Cary Pierce
Here's where the story ends - The Sundays
This used to be my playground - Madonna
When whoever's in New England's through with you - Reba Macentire
Take me home - Phil Collins
Small Town - John Cougar Mellancamp
My Home Town - Bruce Springsteen
I wanna go home - Van Morrison
Carry me home - Blues Traveller
Celebrate me home - Kenny Loggins
Happy Home - Tu Pac
Mama I'm comin' Home - Ozzy Ozbourne
Far Away - Rod Stewart
Banana boat song - Harry belafonte ("Daylight come and me wanna go home.) LOL
Take me home, country roads - John Denver

That's all of the songs I could find about going home in one lunch break. If you have a favorite, post it and I'll find it in my library to add.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks windchimes! we're toting 2 dogs and 2 cats now with us, since she's coming along. I was actually surprised she wanted to come with us. Her mom and dad live above us in Michigan, and they see each other often. She said they will make the trips as they need to.

I have a feeling she will fall in love with New Hampshire, as will my husband. And I hopefully will have my camera in hand when they arrive to snap their faces.

As corny as this sounds: I started burning a CD with songs about "going home." Here's the list so far. I want to play it while we drive the distance from Southern Illinois to New Hampshire. If you have some songs I have forgotten, Please let me know so I can add them! Then I can take a piece of you with me on my journey!

Disc 1
Anywhere but here - KD Lang
Life in a norther town - Dream Academy
Sailing - Christopher Cross (I can't listen to this song w/out just balling-I remember being 8 years old eating fried clams at Boston Harbor)
Home - Cary Pierce
Here's where the story ends - The Sundays
This used to be my playground - Madonna
When whoever's in New England's through with you - Reba Macentire
Take me home - Phil Collins
Small Town - John Cougar Mellancamp
My Home Town - Bruce Springsteen
I wanna go home - Van Morrison
Carry me home - Blues Traveller
Celebrate me home - Kenny Loggins
Happy Home - Tu Pac
Mama I'm comin' Home - Ozzy Ozbourne
Far Away - Rod Stewart
Banana boat song - Harry belafonte ("Daylight come and me wanna go home.) LOL
Take me home, country roads - John Denver

That's all of the songs I could find about going home in one lunch break. If you have a favorite, post it and I'll find it in my library to add.
Hehehe - like your song selection - for me the biggie was "We Gotta Get Outta This Place" by the Animals <g>

We traveled with a dog and a cat - the dog was in the moving van with my hubby, the cat was in the car with me, they were both good on the trip. If you are going to be stopping along the way to stay overnight (I'm assuming you will be?) make sure you stay in a "pet friendly" motel - we stayed one nite in a motel on our way up, even though it was only about 250 miles, because we got a late start. We took the cat carrier and dog crate with us and set them up in the motel room and it worked out fine. Do the animals "travel well"? If not, talk to your vet before you leave and see if there is something you can give the animals for the trip...It will save you and them a lot of hassles! <g>

Old 08-07-2007, 10:19 AM

I will add that song windchimes thanks! My animals are very well travelled-par for the course of wandering gypsy I'm afraid. My husband's cat gets sick the first few hours, but then she's fine and sleeps the rest. We've done the trip from Texas to Michigan with the same crew of furballs, and down here to Illinois-so I'm sure they very well remember the routine by now.

speaking of pets-I can't find a proper website for licenses/tags/car registration information and emissions testing.

Can anyone link these for me? Are they statewide? I might be going to the wrong websites. I am in charge of doing the number crunching. Thanks again for the help!

Old 08-07-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
I will add that song windchimes thanks! My animals are very well travelled-par for the course of wandering gypsy I'm afraid. My husband's cat gets sick the first few hours, but then she's fine and sleeps the rest. We've done the trip from Texas to Michigan with the same crew of furballs, and down here to Illinois-so I'm sure they very well remember the routine by now.

speaking of pets-I can't find a proper website for licenses/tags/car registration information and emissions testing.

Can anyone link these for me? Are they statewide? I might be going to the wrong websites. I am in charge of doing the number crunching. Thanks again for the help!
Kat - Here's the link for the New Hampshire DMV which will hopefully answer some of your questions: Welcome to the Division of Motor Vehicles, NH DOS (http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/dmv/ - broken link) . I just re-registered my car in June (it's a 1997 Tracer) - $30-something went to the town and $30-something went to the state. Hubby just re-registered his last week (it's a 2005 Kia something-or-other) and I know his was more than mine, but now I can't remember what it was! The garage we use for repairs and inspection charges $35.00.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:25 AM

Thanks for the link windchimes. I browsed the site, its quite a lot of info there. I was looking for standard fees, but I dont have an application on this pc to open any of the formats needed. I guess hubby gets to help me tonight. LOL

We have two vehicles to register, 3 dogs (I forget the pocket poodle mum has now) and anything else I haven't thought of but will. I wish I was still part of the AAA-it always listed the best hotels and places that are pet friendly. Mum has a knack for planning dog friendly trips, so I'll leave that part to her.

I have to look up how long we have to get our cars registered too. It might be a little while to find a home and jobs before we get fancy with our NH Plates.

Our vehicles are rather new-ish so hopefully emissions won't be a hassle at all. Thx again, if you find anymore links for helpful tips, by all means add them to my "Kat goes home" thread here-

Old 08-07-2007, 11:58 AM

Kat - Here's one "pet friendly site" (it's the one we used):
Dog and Cat Friendly Hotels

I'm not sure what you need to open parts of the DMV site, but if it is Adobe Acrobat reader, they should have a link on the site to take you there - its a free download and is used for .Pdf files.

I'm not positive, but I think the pet license fee depends on where you are, I can't remember where you are heading (and I'm too lazy to go back and find out <g>), but the town/city may have a website that will give you the information on that. The town/city sites (at least the one for Littleton) has a lot of information and forms you can print out. You can "google" the town and you can also "google" the Chamber of Commerce for the town and it should bring up information.

Happy hunting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire