Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2010, 01:04 PM

10 posts, read 28,090 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

Just want to know if anyone here has any info. regarding this townhouse community located on the east side of cherry hill, right off springdale road. I'm intested in buying a property here.
Also, what are your thoughts on buying a townhouse vs. single family home in this area, w/ regards to resale value, quality of life and others? We currently live in one of my in-law's houses in cherry hill and would like to stay in the area.However, we prefer newer homes (less that 30 yr old). That's why we're considering townhomes.

thanks in advance for your responses.

Jillian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2010, 03:09 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillian75 View Post
Hi everyone,

Just want to know if anyone here has any info. regarding this townhouse community located on the east side of cherry hill, right off springdale road. I'm intested in buying a property here.
Also, what are your thoughts on buying a townhouse vs. single family home in this area, w/ regards to resale value, quality of life and others? We currently live in one of my in-law's houses in cherry hill and would like to stay in the area.However, we prefer newer homes (less that 30 yr old). That's why we're considering townhomes.

Jillian
There's a market for both in Cherry Hill, so that shouldn't be a problem. I remember when Society Hill townhouses were constructed. I never heard anything pro or con on how they are constructed, but, to me, the biggest con would be the traffic on Springdale & the location is somewhat out of the loop of most shopping.

Old 05-23-2010, 09:18 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,975,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillian75 View Post
Hi everyone,

Jillian

Some of the units had inadequate structural support at beams which resulted in an engineering study, a class action law suit and repairs being made to the affected units. There should be a paperwork trail and visible evidence of the repairs.

Old 05-26-2010, 04:26 PM

10 posts, read 28,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Some of the units had inadequate structural support at beams which resulted in an engineering study, a class action law suit and repairs being made to the affected units. There should be a paperwork trail and visible evidence of the repairs.
thanks for the info! this is really something to consider.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:47 AM

2,941 posts, read 5,183,965 times
My mother lived at Society Hill for many years. I visited a couple of times yearly, and enjoyed the community upkeep and peacefulness.

The condo association was very adament about not putting newspaper recycling in plastic bags...paper was mandated. Also, it warned my mother to take down her favorite holiday wreath after they felt it was visible long after Christmas.

The pool area seemed clean.

The closeness to Springdale traffic was not noticeable to me.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:04 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
My mother lived at Society Hill for many years. I visited a couple of times yearly, and enjoyed the community upkeep and peacefulness.

The condo association was very adament about not putting newspaper recycling in plastic bags...paper was mandated. Also, it warned my mother to take down her favorite holiday wreath after they felt it was visible long after Christmas.

The pool area seemed clean.

The closeness to Springdale traffic was not noticeable to me.
I lived in Cherry Hill for many years & the paper bag for recyled paper rule was a township rule. Prior to Recyclebank, recycled stuff had to be separated & papers were to be put in paper bags or tied with twine.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:54 AM

59 posts, read 167,455 times
Society hill is one of the well maintained and well run condo developments. For years it has been a favorite and you can always count on it to be in good condition. The homeowners also maintain their properties. The development offers garages (most units), pool, tennis, and even a hockey court. Updated townhouses or apartments in Society Hill seem to sell in all kinds of markets.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:48 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,771,444 times
Are these the new townhomes on the old racetrack?

Old 09-02-2010, 12:24 PM

59 posts, read 167,455 times
No - Society Hill is around 30 yrs old - but well maintained. The racetrack townhomes are new - and finished with high end amenities. They are more expensive and the taxes are higher because they are newer. AT Society HIll you either get a 2BR/2ba with garage and basement (one level) or a townhouse with 3BR/2.5ba, basement and 2 car garage. It is unusual for a townhouse to offer basements AND garages - esp 2 car garages - that is part of what makes Society Hill unique and desirable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia