Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 11:35 AM

1 posts, read 907 times

Advertisements

Hi! Could use some guidance on returning back east. I am from NY but husband grew up in Cherry Hill. Want to provide our children with better educational opportunities than where we are currently located. Looking for home in Cherry Hill, specifically Coliwick neighborhood. Any feedback about the following things would be greatly appreciated...

1. Thomas Paine Elementary School- will have Kindergartener and 3rd grader in school.

2. Only 1/2 day kindergarten available? Any recommendations for after-school kindergarten enrichment programs?

3. Recommendations for reform temple? Active family in early 30's with 3 young boys

Thanks in advance!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 11:48 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom4boys521 View Post
Hi! Could use some guidance on returning back east. I am from NY but husband grew up in Cherry Hill. Want to provide our children with better educational opportunities than where we are currently located. Looking for home in Cherry Hill, specifically Coliwick neighborhood. Any feedback about the following things would be greatly appreciated...

1. Thomas Paine Elementary School- will have Kindergartener and 3rd grader in school.

2. Only 1/2 day kindergarten available? Any recommendations for after-school kindergarten enrichment programs?

3. Recommendations for reform temple? Active family in early 30's with 3 young boys

Thanks in advance!!!!
If you're looking there also look at Erlton & Kingsway Village. There's another small development between Kingsway Village & Erlton. Elementary for Kingsway Village is Kingston.

I have never heard anything bad about Thomas Paine, just giving you options.

Old 11-01-2010, 07:43 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Thomas Paine is considered an average elementary for Cherry Hill, so that would equal pretty darn good. I don't think it is considered the "best" of the Cherry Hill elementary schools, but I wouldn't let that bother me.

No direct recommendations on after school enrichment, but it seems pretty much every school offers after school care/enrichment programs that are affiliated with the school. Barring that, the Katz JCC has a ton of programs available.

The epicenter of Jewish family life in the area is the Katz JCC. Here is their website:

Katz JCC - Betty and Milton Katz Jewish Community Center of Cherry Hill, NJ

As far as Temples go, the couple Jewish colleagues and friends I have are all members of Temple Emanuel, which is located right near the Katz JCC. Here is their website:

Temple Emanuel: A Reform Jewish Congregation in Cherry Hill New Jersey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia