Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 11:34 AM

9,325 posts, read 12,995,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
ROFL, Nexis, I'm not moving to friggin' CANADA.

Yes, it's got the biggest shoreline of any country in the western hemisphere...and probably more ICE, too.

I don't necessarily want to live where there aren't a lot of people. After 30+ years of working in NYC, I might want a little less of a crowd, but I'm not looking to be a complete hermit.

I like New Jersey. It's my home. I'm just thinking of moving to another part of it eventually when I don't have to worry about commuting anymore.
Besides, if I were going to compile a list of comparable alternatives to South Jersey, Canada would be about the last place I'd have in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 03:25 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,842,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
ROFL, Nexis, I'm not moving to friggin' CANADA.

Yes, it's got the biggest shoreline of any country in the western hemisphere...and probably more ICE, too.

I don't necessarily want to live where there aren't a lot of people. After 30+ years of working in NYC, I might want a little less of a crowd, but I'm not looking to be a complete hermit.

I like New Jersey. It's my home. I'm just thinking of moving to another part of it eventually when I don't have to worry about commuting anymore.

There isn't alot of ice in the summer in Nova Socita or British Columbia....most people up there live in towns and cities....its not like people live spread out.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:23 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
There isn't alot of ice in the summer in Nova Socita or British Columbia....most people up there live in towns and cities....its not like people live spread out.
I'm AWARE, but I was talking about the coastline--you know, the loooong one at the northern part of the country.

I'm still not moving to Canada, dammit.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:16 AM

3,026 posts, read 9,048,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
I don't know about that , but that's very easy to get if you spend enough time up there. Canadians are very relaxed when it comes to immigration , Citizenship with a sponsor takes like 2-3 years vs the 7-10 in the US. I used to go up there for 2 weeks every summer ,(before money issues) getting into to Canada via car is easy you just need an ID or Enchanced DL.... You do need a passport if you use a Bus , train , Ferry or plane....
Contrary to popular belief, it is not that easy to retire in Canada from another country. You will need a family member to sponsor you, they would have to file an application to sponsor you.

And you need a passport to cross the border into Canada, no matter what your mode of travel. This went into effect a couple of years ago.

Nova Scotia weather is much like ours in NJ, snowy, lots of freezing rain, I always give my sister a heads up when we send any weather up her way, she's in Halifax.

BC winters are nasty, wet, rainy on the coast and the interior gets lots of snow.

I love Canada too, but the winters are harsh. It isn't that cheap either, depending on the Province, sales tax alone can be up to 17% with the GST and PST.

I love Canada, but it is COLD in the winter

Old 08-16-2013, 08:16 PM

605 posts, read 1,258,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenWood View Post
Somewhere else to consider is Leisuretowne in Southampton Township if 55+ communities are your sort of thing. You're about halfway between Philadelphia and the Shore Points, plus relatively close to 295/NJ Turnpike access.
I have a friend in Leisuretown - yes, they are reasonable in price - if you want to own a home that is built basically like a cardboard box. One good storm and boom! they are about as sturdy as a double wide.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia