Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 08:07 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times

Advertisements

Congratulations Wildwood for passing a law on banning overly saggy pants. Fines from $25 To $200 for violators of this law.
This passed on Wednesday and prohibits pants that drop 3 inches below the waist, exposing skin or underwear.
Well, I think this is wonderful but, many will need to bring a ruler for their low riding shorts and dungarees.
I hope everyone heads to the resort town with the proper clothes. I adore Wildwood and I think this will help with its reputation.
Great job Wildwood. I hope to visit again soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 08:31 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,003,320 times
Seems a little extreme to fine someone up to $200 for sagging pants. Pretty soon you'll start seeing police officers carrying measuring rulers and checking out every persons backside on the boardwalk just to make sure their pants doesn't drop below 3 inches. lol.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:53 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Seems a bit odd to me. You can see a guy in a speedo or a girl in a string bikini on the beach, but saggy pants are a problem?

Old 06-14-2013, 11:34 PM

1,015 posts, read 787,181 times
This is a little crazy i don't sag my pants i don't care if other people do it. If they are not causing any problems with other people whats the deal? They are bringing in money onto the boardwalk whats next banning females who are wearing low cut shirts on?

The stuff the lawmakers come up in this state is crazy this reminds me of the "pet seat belts". What about the bigger issues Jobs,immigration,Cost of living,Schools etc

Last edited by banksock; 06-14-2013 at 11:43 PM..

Old 06-15-2013, 03:38 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
.......What about the bigger issues Jobs,immigration,Cost of living,Schools etc
That requires too much heavy lifting.

Saggy pants, runny eggs (remember THAT legislative gem?), more emotionally based, nonsensical firearms laws....forget the low hanging fruit, they go for the stuff that's already on the ground.

That said, IMO that saggy pants thing is one trashy, lowlife look.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:39 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
I want to be saved from having to see the worst baggy pants offenders.

This Low Pants Nonsense Has Gone Too Far [Pic] | I Am Bored

Old 06-15-2013, 09:25 AM

50,797 posts, read 36,501,346 times
Quote:
This is a little crazy i don't sag my pants i don't care if other people do it. If they are not causing any problems with other people whats the deal? They are bringing in money onto the boardwalk whats next banning females who are wearing low cut shirts on?

The stuff the lawmakers come up in this state is crazy this reminds me of the "pet seat belts". What about the bigger issues Jobs,immigration,Cost of living,Schools etc
It is not a state law, it was a business-based decision by Wildwood's city council and business owners (who are often one and the same) which affects a specific business district, the boardwalk. They are trying to change their image from teen party central to family-friendly, as they feel that is a better business model for the future of the town, and feel that these customers are not attracted to Wildwood due to its'reputation and bands of roving teens, who to many adults, look like hoodlums because of the way they dress.

Here in OC, there is a ban on bare feet on the boardwalk, what's the difference? To me this ban is more akin to "no shirt, no shoes, no service" than to laws requiring pet seat belts.

This is not a state law and the state had nothing to do with it. You really believe the Wildwood city council should be tackling issues like immigration and cost of living??

Old 06-15-2013, 09:43 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:

Actually, the saggy pants ban is something that you will find in southern towns.

How do you propose that Wildwood tackle immigration?

The saggy pants ban is an attempt to help with jobs. If more people are comfortable with coming as tourists the local businesses do more business & that creates more jobs.

Last edited by southbound_295; 06-15-2013 at 10:49 AM..

Old 06-15-2013, 10:11 AM

9,340 posts, read 13,010,796 times
I'm sure this will solve all of their problems!

Old 06-15-2013, 12:27 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
That requires too much heavy lifting.

Saggy pants, runny eggs (remember THAT legislative gem?), more emotionally based, nonsensical firearms laws....forget the low hanging fruit, they go for the stuff that's already on the ground.

That said, IMO that saggy pants thing is one trashy, lowlife look.
I agree with your last sentence...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia