Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2016, 12:44 PM

3 posts, read 8,963 times

Advertisements

My husband and I with our children are planning on moving to Willingboro NJ. Is it a good place to live
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 12:13 PM

2,170 posts, read 1,953,594 times
There are much better options in the area. Schools are not good and crime rate is higher than neighboring areas. On Neighborhood scout it kinda falls in the same rating as Trenton, Camden and Brownsmills.. Though I'd say Trenton and Camden are much worst.

Old 03-05-2016, 08:53 PM

128 posts, read 355,085 times
Honestly, it depends on you. Everyone has their own idea of what is a "good" place to live. Someone moving from NYC, might have a different perspective that someone coming from down south, way out in the country. Its all relative. As with anywhere, there are sections that are better than others. So if you like the general area, and that is what fits your budget, you need to be as selective as possible within that selection.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:51 AM

968 posts, read 1,140,729 times
Willingboro used to be Levittown in NJ. It's just like Levittown, PA except demographically it is mostly black now. I do not think it is really unsafe or ghetto because a black person can be well off too, but at the same time a non black may feel out of place.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:24 AM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times
it wouldn't be my first choice.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...boro-nj-4.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...llingboro.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...y-bad-rep.html

city-data doesn't have any crime stats for willingboro, so i'll offer this:

Willingboro 08046 crime rates and crime statistics - NeighborhoodScout

greatschools highest rating is 10.

GreatSchools.org Search: willingboro nj, 1-25

Old 03-09-2016, 12:17 PM

364 posts, read 1,192,425 times
More info needed: buy or rent? Budget? Job? Age of children? Any specific needs/wants in a community?

Old 09-03-2016, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 6,438 times
I moved to Willingboro January 2016 in Twin hills section. Love it here. Far cry from Trenton Camden and Philadelphia which is where I am from. Did get memo of some areas being better than others. So guess it would depend on which section looking into to move. Thus far have heard of 1 crime incident that didn't even involve someone who lived in willingboro. So to me pretty decent.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:32 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksgirl View Post
I moved to Willingboro January 2016 in Twin hills section. Love it here. Far cry from Trenton Camden and Philadelphia which is where I am from. Did get memo of some areas being better than others. So guess it would depend on which section looking into to move. Thus far have heard of 1 crime incident that didn't even involve someone who lived in willingboro. So to me pretty decent.
I'm glad it's working out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia