Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2020, 11:00 PM

6 posts, read 9,204 times

Advertisements

A native of Mercer County, I am considering moving to Woodlynne for work and because my wife's family lives there. We'd both take the train to work together to Camden/Philly. Only thing is I hear the town's not so safe, well it's next to Camden but then again so is Collingswood. Would you consider it a dangerous place to live? I especially liked that it has a lot of Hispanics, a rare thing in the Philly area, as I'm Dominican. Good school district compared to similar places such as Pennsauken.

Note: We're both Hispanic, with a 6-year old and a 12-year-old, and we're lesbians. Seems like any close-in suburb of Philly won't give us a hard time about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2020, 11:52 AM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Property tax there is crazy! I wouldn't buy there.

https://joeshimkus.com/NJ-Tax-Rates-Camden-County.aspx

Old 12-16-2020, 01:00 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,754,022 times
Yeah, I wonder why. Not that anywhere in Camden County is good with property taxes, but jeez!

What is your budget? You should consider Collingswood instead of you can afford something there. You will find lots of variety in prince points for housing there, and the town is in much better shape than Woodlynne.

Old 03-22-2021, 07:01 PM

837 posts, read 854,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centraljerseydoesexist View Post
A native of Mercer County, I am considering moving to Woodlynne for work and because my wife's family lives there. We'd both take the train to work together to Camden/Philly. Only thing is I hear the town's not so safe, well it's next to Camden but then again so is Collingswood. Would you consider it a dangerous place to live? I especially liked that it has a lot of Hispanics, a rare thing in the Philly area, as I'm Dominican. Good school district compared to similar places such as Pennsauken.

Note: We're both Hispanic, with a 6-year old and a 12-year-old, and we're lesbians. Seems like any close-in suburb of Philly won't give us a hard time about that.
It's nice to see that Dominicans are spreading out from the NYC area into the Philadelphia area. Is your partner Dominican as well or Puerto Rican? Just wondering. Anyways, it looks like the Dominican community has grown in Camden and I hope they do well here. I have nothing but good things to say about Dominicans and the same came go for Puerto Ricans.

Camden has had it's share of violence and deindustrialization starting in the 1960's and continued until a few years ago until the Camden County Police Force lowered the crime rate by half. I can only hope Camden the best because it needs it. It fell down so hard that the only direction is up, and I'd love to see the Dominican community prosper in South Jersey. I'm considering leaving Phila once everything goes in place, but then again, I wouldn't be in no other place than either NYC or Phila. Good luck.

Old 04-18-2021, 09:45 PM

75 posts, read 66,811 times
There is absolutely no reason to live in Woodlynne. Consider Collingswood, Westmont, Haddon Heights, Audubon, or even Barrington before Woodlynne. They're all super close anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia